The Yiga was sobbing now. "I don't know, I don't know!"

Link decided enough was enough and slammed the hilt of his blade into the side of the man's head. He dropped like a stone.

Link's suspicions had practically been confirmed. What other boy from the barracks knew of Link's sword? Who gave him the meal that sedated him? It was obvious from the start Taro had been the one.

Guards rushed from all directions and met Link at the base of the tower. Link handed the Yiga over, informing them that the Yiga had been the one to shoot the bomb. Link followed as they took him to the lockup.

Link didn't bother sheathing the Master Sword. It appeared the news had spread quickly, because no one said anything to him but they stared at the blade with wide eyes.

Everyone must have been disappointed that the chosen hero was only a boy. Link was, too, but there was nothing he could do about it except put the sword back in the stone and pretend it never happened, and it was too late for that.

It appeared that the only reason he was permitted to tag along to the lockup was because he was the chosen hero. No one around him had a uniform of his status--they were all of far higher rank.

Link stood at the end of the long hall in the lockup, ignoring the shouts and protests of the several other Yiga that had been captured. They dragged the one Link had knocked unconscious into an empty cell and slammed the gate shut, locking it behind him.

Link's father came around the corner, giving orders and instructions on how to handle the Yiga. He spotted Link, and then he saw Link's sword free from its sheath. Link nodded at him.

His father's face fell, in a way that was foreign to Link. He knew his father was terrified for him, and considering everyone now knew who he was, he would be a bigger target than ever. Link approached his father hesitantly.

Link was the Captain of the Guard's son—while that wasn't well known, it was about to be. There was no reason for a soldier as young as he was to be speaking to the Captain so casually. Link didn't think that holding the Master Sword would excuse that. Perhaps.

"Captain," he said.

"Link. What happened?"

"They were after the princess. I stopped this one from firing a bomb arrow."

His father gave him a firm nod. "Well done. Do me a favor and ensure she and Lady Impa have made it to the bunker safely. Garlo!"

A man in royal armor gear turned away from where he was glaring at one of the Yiga and saluted Link's father. "Yes, Captain."

"Lead Link to the bunker in the library. I need both of you to guard the Princess and Lady Impa—it appears the Yiga are after her as well."

"Who—" Garlo began, and stopped when he spotted the weapon the boy was holding, answering his own question. He hesitated before saying, "Your son, Captain?" He probably noticed the similarities in their appearances.

The Captain nodded and gave no further explanation.

Garlo led Link out of the lockup in the opposite entrance Link entered from, bringing them outside. There was a steep drop to the moat below, but Garlo grabbed a rope ladder and threw it over the side. Garlo shot Link a sharp glare and began descending.

Link was going to have to get used to that look. He was receiving a lot of them.

They leapt down to a small boat tied to the cliff wall and Garlo pushed the raft away and towards an enormous cave in the back of the castle. Link had seen it from afar when riding his horse around the moat. It must be the docks.

It was in fact, and when they reached them, Garlo motioned for Link to follow him up the stairs and into a hallway roughly carved from stone. Wooden beams held up poorly.

"What is this?" Link asked.

"A secret passage to the library. Lady Impa and her Highness should currently be inside a hidden room in the library and this is the quickest way there." He was short with his tone, speaking as if Link were a child that understood nothing.

Link was sure if he were in Garlo's position he would feel the same, but he wouldn't be so clear about it.

When they reached the end of the passage, Garlo leaned his shoulder against the back of something metal and heavy. "Help me move this aside."

Link prepared his shoulder against it as well, and together they managed to push the object a few feet away, leaving enough room for them to slip through and into the library. They pushed it back in place.

The library was empty, barren of people and sound. Either Lady Impa and the princess hadn't yet made it to the bunker or they were already inside.

Garlo led Link to another piece of metal furniture under the stairs and Link realized from the other side that they were disguised as cabinets.

Garlo knocked on the doors. "Your Highness. It is Garlo. Are you both inside?"

One of the cabinet doors opened and a pale hand with a curved blade shot out, holding it to Garlo's neck. Link panicked for a moment, believing it was a Yiga, but Garlo seemed almost calm.

"Are you truly the guard Garlo, or are you a Yiga in disguise?" Spoke what must be Lady Impa.

"The Yiga do not know where to find this room, Lady Impa."

She poked her head out, quickly glanced around, and asked, "Are the Yiga disposed of yet?"

"Not all of them, Lady. Most of them have been captured but the soldiers are currently trying to put out the fire that has taken the barracks."

A firm but soft female voice sounded from deeper inside. "There's a fire? Impa, why didn't you tell me?"

Link was still, eyes focused on Lady Impa but not truly looking.

Impa turned her head around briefly to tell the princess, "Do not concern yourself, Princess. It is far from here, and the castle walls are made of stone."

There was a protest that Link couldn't hear but struggled to.

Garlo bowed. "Lady, we were instructed to guard this room until the Yiga are safely disposed of. Please remain inside with Her Highness until we inform you that it is safe."

Lady Impa narrowed her eyes at Link, no doubt questioning why a soldier of his rank was given such an important job, but nodded and shut the cabinet door. Link heard a heavy lock fall back into place.

Garlo turned to Link, watched him silently for a moment, scoffed, and turned away. He stood there, hand on the hilt of his sword, facing away from the cabinet.

Link contemplated a moment, then said, "Shouldn't we stand elsewhere?" If they stood directly in front of the cabinet it wouldn't take much for a Yiga to figure out someone was behind it.

Garlo looked at him again. "What?"

Link furrowed his brows. "I said, shouldn't we stand elsewhere?"

The royal guard made an unpleasant noise and stomped off in one direction. Link made what he thought was a safe decision and headed opposite of him. They both stationed themselves on either side of the mezzanine railing, hidden from sight of anyone below.

Link felt better now that he was somewhat working on his own. He really didn't need any more animosity when doing his job.

It was what felt like hours later when a guard entered the library behind the librarians and announced the all clear. Link and Garlo both stood from their respective positions, glared at each other, and headed down the stairs.

Link was so on edge he almost wished there had been a breach so he could fight something.

Lady Impa and the princess left the bunker while Link was on his way out, heading to the ruined barracks to see if there was anything he could do to help the injured and meet with his father.

He locked eyes with the princess again, and if Link were a different person he would have frozen where he stood.

Instead, with his sword sheathed and hidden from sight, he left.