I stared outside at the window. It was quite a sight outside. The gentle breeze passed me again which moved my hair to my face. I brushed it off and looked at my watch.

7:50 huh?

Soon everyone came in the class and the seats were quickly filled in.

The bell rang and our maths teacher came inside.
I took my textbook out and thats when i heard my name being called out.

"Miss Alora, please go to ghe principal's office"

I panicked and my heart was beating very fast. Everyone was staring at me which made it even worse.

I packed my bag and put it around my shoulder and went out of the class.

I soon reached the office and knocked on the large brown door. I waited for a reply and I got one. "Come in".

I turned the knob and entered inside and Im not gonna lie, but this room is freezing way more than Antartica.

I looked at the desk in front of me which had a small board thingy and that had the name of the guy sitting here.

Austin Smith

"Did I did somthing wrong Mr Austin?" I looked down at my feet and playing with my hands.

"No you didn't. Why would you think you did something wrong?" He said in his usual grumpy voice.

"I-" i mean with all the things going on in my life and having a sister who makes fake rumours about me I can't be sure.

I was lost in my thoughts until he told me to take a seat.

I sat down and listened to what he had to say.

"You are the best student in the whole section of highschool. Not only do you ace in your exams, you are well disciplined and there are no complaints about you"

I wouldn't be so sure about that since I slept in History class.

"I called you here to get your approval on something"

Approval for what?

"Uhm about what?"

"To be our Schools Highschool student representative in Brightlead function."

Xcuse meh?-
I looked at him with wide eyes.

"I-isn't Brightlead for the most best student? Are you sure Im the fit one?"

He stared at me and smiled

"Well you are. You are the only one Alora and not only that, the function is tmmorow. We have no other choice really."

There would be a lot of people from all over the world..

And i don't like people

I took a deep breath

"Alright Im in". I said in a bold tone and got up from my chair.

"I- thank you so much Alora" he got up from his seat and took out some paper from his desk and handed out to me.

"Here, these are the details and the flight ticket."

"Flight ticket?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

Is it really far?

"Ah yes Alora the Brightlead function is in Newyork"

"Oh"

It isn't a big issue for me as I love ro stay away from my stepfamily for a few days.

I put the papers in my bag and head out for the door.

Thats when a question popped into my mind

"How long is the function?"

He turned from his chair. "It'll be there for a month. By the way you can take leave from school now, there'll be a lot to prepare for tommorow."

A what

A month of freedom

I ran back to home and sprinted ti my room.

Im not really a fan of travelling or anything, but this one is filling up excitement in me like a new change.

I went downstairs to inform about this to parents.

"Father, Mother I have something to tell you"

Father looked up from the tv and gave me a bored look.

"Is it about the Newyork thing?"

"Yea, I would-"

"Ha, we won't have to suffer for one month".

Mother said leaning on the kitchen door with a hand on her waist.

I thought they would hear what I have to say

I silently went back to my room and hoped on to my bed.

I just wish i have a normal life like other kids. All I want is just a consideration of a..

Daughter

I sighed and decided to not think about those. Tommorow is a big day and I dont wanna ruin it by sad thoughts.

Well then lets wait for tommorow

______________________________

Hehehe ;)

Please upvote if you liked this chapter!