Chapter 2: A Wedding Announcement

(No, I haven't played the DLC, but I have seen a lot of it! It is so good! I cannot wait to play it in about three days. Despite that, this story will NOT feature any of those new characters since this only focused on 1, 2, and 3. That being said, enjoy!)

            "Yah!" Rex shouted as he rammed his body against the iron bars of their cell.

He, Shulk, Noah, and Pyra were thrown into the cell and locked behind the iron bars. Shulk was tending to both the exhausted Pyra and beaten Noah.

"Rex! Stop!" Shulk exclaimed annoyed, "That's only going to tire you out and cause more pain to Pyra and Noah"

The driver boy sat down, annoyed and frustrated. Shulk sighed in relief as he checked on Pyra and Noah. Pyra was exhausted and had fallen asleep. Whatever their enemy did, it was enough to put her to sleep. As for Noah, his chest was still in pain while his head was hurting.

"Hey, are you doing ok?" Shulk asked calmly as he tried to think of a way to heal his friend.

"My head is in pain and my chest... It almost feels like I've been stabbed" Noah answered, "But I can't sit here. I have to help Mio"

Shulk could relate to Noah's drive to help his sweetheart, but Shulk also knew that Noah cannot act recklessly when he is hurt like this. Shulk gently but with enough force pushed Noah on his back. Noah grabbed Shulk's wrist as tightly as he could, but Shulk held a calm expression.

"You cannot do anything like this" Shulk answered firmly, "Mio cannot be saved if you are in this condition. You will need to rest. Leave this to Rex and me. We will help you"

Noah stared at Shulk's serious expression and noticed a strong conviction in his eyes. Noah let his wrist go and finally fell asleep. Shulk sighed in relief. He knew Noah was rather the stubborn person and was grateful he could do something to put Noah to sleep. Rex sat next to Shulk and looked at the unconscious Pyra.

"You do have a plan, right Shulk?" Rex asked with concern as he held Pyra's hand.

"I am trying to think of one. They took the Monado and did something to Noah. It was our fault that Mio was taken, so we should help her" Shulk explained to Rex, "I know we will do something to get out of here and stop that person"

Rex reflected on his fight with consul with Pyra's help. He couldn't believe that person was able to knock Pyra out effortlessly. Rex clutched his other hand as he promised to do everything he could to help Pyra and his friends. Shulk gently put a hand on Rex's shoulder and pushed him to his back.

"Huh? What?" Rex asked surprised as Shulk shook his head.

"Just sleep. I'll take first watch" Shulk reassured him, "You need your rest if you're going to do anything to help Pyra and the others. I'll be fine. I've been in tougher situations before"

Rex shrugged. He couldn't really argue with Shulk. Plus, Shulk mostly knew what to do in any situation he was fine.

"Fine, but if anything happens, wake me up" Rex answered as fell asleep on his right side.

Shulk nodded his head and looked through the bars. He remained quiet and slowed his breathing down.

"This will be your room, M" Consul L said as he used his spear to simply tap the door to let her in.

Mio took a step into the room and observed it. It was a grand, white room. There was a lavish, soft bed with a canopy. She has a large, silver dresser with a grand mirror. She has a white dresser and a small sitting area for herself. She even has a balcony. She remained silent as L held himself high with pride.