Twenty-three

Just wanted to say how adorable y'all are whenever I update, you guys always get so excited ilysm 😭

Never change besties mwah ❤️

Btw prepare your tissues loves

「 ☁️ 」

"To conclude, that is how you skate."

"Uh... I think I missed a step."

While Jake uncertainly resonated his thoughts, he remained confused. Currently, Sunghoon was teaching Jay and himself the bare steps to learn ice skating for beginners, though the formal one made it come off as far too easy with his method of explaining combined with his effortless demonstrations.

At first, Jake believed he was understanding what Sunghoon was exemplifying, but his poor endeavors showed him how tricky it was to maintain his balance.

Jake glanced over to his right side where Jay was located. The older seemed relatively unfamiliar with the whole idea of skating too, but he barely let that sense of unusualness bring attention to them.

"It shouldn't be that hard," Jay ultimately spoke, certainty in his voice. Nonetheless, Jake stayed unconvinced—more on account of his own lack of skill—but was enlightened by how determined the other presented himself. 

Without notifying him, Jay gripped the boy's hand, stunning him. Jake couldn't help but portray how he felt through his facial expressions; he didn't know whether to keep his mouth shut or gaspingly stare at their linked hands, so he resolved to not make the choice.

From letting his mouth drop open, gawking at their minimal amount of touch to presuming it'd be better if he said something about their present small intimacy to closing his mouth again, deciding that merely staring was a safer alternative.

Although he didn't have the courage to glimpse away from their interlocked hands, Jake made an effort to keep his facial features motionless while he could feel his heart beating faster, almost believing it would vault out of his chest.

Out of the pure astonishment Jake was undergoing, he stiffened. Even when Jay tugged at his hand, the younger stayed in place.

"What?" Jay surveyed Jake's impulsive unnatural behavior. If only he knew he was the reason for the irregularity of his emotions.

Jake lingered silently, though he didn't require his confirmation to comprehend what was going on. Jay followed his sight, which landed on their intertwined hands.

"You uh... uhm... you're..." When Jake noticed how much he was stammering, he immediately regretted still committing to trying to give his incoherent speech meaning. However, it didn't matter how hard Jake tried, he couldn't prevent himself from speaking.

"Do you think I want to hold your hand?" Jay's voice rang through the younger's skull, that identical coldness attached to his tone. Finally, Jake looked at him directly, even now quiet.

"Otherwise you'll fall," Jay continued.

When listening to him finish with the motive why he wanted to hold hands, Jake felt a rush of electricity surge through him. A fluttery sensation initiated the rapid beating of his heart, feeling flustered by Jay's compassion. All he cared for was for Jake to be secure and learning that couldn't make him feel more special. It felt like Jake was floating as a result of Jay admitting how he was simply concerned for his safety.