Chapter 4- The Fine Art of Bullshit:March

Oliver Davis- 2:41 pm-Tuesday the 23rd (March)

Kai shook his head at her in response to the question, "Do I look stupid to you?" Sakura grinned broadly and cocked her head to the side as she asked him. "Would you like honesty or something more pleasant?" He rolled his eyes and then rested his forehead on the piano. After a moment, he looked back up at her again and confidently said, "I know what I'm doing." "Really?" Leaning towards him, she got closer to his face and uttered, "Show me what you've got." In response, Kai leaned back and hummed. "Ok Miss."

Oliver faces towards them and inquires, "How's your progress coming along?" As Sakura waited in anticipation for Kai's piano skills, she let out an excited giggle, although it sounded more like a witch's cackle than a normal laugh. "All right, eagle. Watch me," Kai said, smiling as he waited for Sakura's grin to disappear, it never did. "Maybe you should focus on yourself instead of me," Kai suggested, making a spinning motion with his hand. Even though Oliver had turned to face his partner, he was still listening. "Oh, someone doesn't want to be embarrassed," Sakura taunted mockingly. "Shut up, or you can try it," Kai replied sternly.

"Will we continue?" Oliver asks, looking up and noticing Zoey sitting across from him. Her left hand props up her face, perhaps out of boredom. "Oh, right." He looks at the piano before realising his time is up. He fears speaking up again, he embarrasses himself in front of her "You're doing great," Zoey reassures him, "Just place your finger there, and you'll be set." An impatient Zoey stares at him, demanding clarification. "Where?" he realises his mistake, "So, you just..." "Oh my god," Zoey sighs and motions him over, "Just come here and show me." Oliver glances around the music room before refocusing on his peer, "Alright then."

Oliver stands up awkwardly and walks over to the girl as quickly as possible. Zoey slides over, and Oliver takes a seat beside her. "What should we do first?" Zoey asks, pointing to the piano keys. However, Oliver can tell from her tone that she's annoyed and bored. Did he do something wrong? "Um, yeah," Oliver says hesitantly as he lifts his hands up and places them on top of Zoey's. "What are you doing?" she removes her hands from his and gives him a slight dirty look. "Sorry, I should've asked," Oliver says, regretting his actions. "You should have," Zoey says with irritation, "but go ahead."

Oliver was hesitant now, so he looked over at Kai playing the piano, and Sakura who was still making fun of him. He puts his hands back onto Zoey's and moves them over to the piano keys. "Right there, and your index finger goes on that one," he instructs her. He pauses for a moment, noticing Zoey's leg bouncing up and down. Was she nervous? "Are you okay?" he asks, looking at her. "Yeah, shut up and keep talking," Zoey says in a shaky and croaky voice. Oliver decides to ignore it and continues.

After successfully completing her piano performance, Oliver beamed at Zoey and boasted, "I never knew I could be this good!" Zoey, amazed, raised her eyebrows. Oliver turned to her after she stopped playing. "I can see that smile coming through." She playfully punched him, remarking, "You're just jealous that I'm playing better than you." They continued to converse, but Oliver felt like he was being watched by someone.

Kai Mintz-3:17 pm-Tuesday the 23rd

Sakura looked at Kai knowingly and teased, "You're not very good at the piano. I bet I can play better than you." He responded with a smile, "Sure, we'll just have to find out next time." They continued chatting as they left the classroom and walked down the stairs.

Sakura's voice suddenly dropped to a hushed tone, causing Kai to take notice. Despite her typically playful nature, Sakura's serious demeanour worried him. Kai tried to keep the conversation lighthearted, asking what was wrong. Sakura, however, seemed to be holding back guilt as she shared that what she had to say was of grave concern. As Kai's concern grew, he began to lower his own voice and implore Sakura to reveal what was happening.