He threw it to the witch who opened it and scanned the words with a smile growing on her face.

"Merlin, Moony. Does she ever smile at you like that?" Sirius asked.

Remus muttered, "shut up," and watched as the girl laughed.

"I'm quidditch captain." She threw her head back and laughed harder. "What the fuck."

"What?" Sirius asked, laughing along with her.

"Why in Salazar's name has Reg written to me about this. I'm practically in bloody hiding! But he tells me I'm quidditch captain."

"Congratulations," Remus said flatly.

"Merlin, cheer up Moony, at least now Gryffindor are always sure to win." Sirius winked. He glanced up at a clock on the wall, "Must be off, told Euphemia I'd be round for dinner." He said, standing up and patting Remus on the back, before kissing Juliet on the cheek. 

"Bye Sirius," the witch smiled. 

"There's a sight I never thought I'd see," Remus laughed at her.

"What's that?"

"Sirius Black and you being affectionate."

She smiled, "he's not so bad. None of you are."

He snorted, "flattered. Done?" He asked, going to pick up the mug and plate in front of her.

The witch got her wand out but he grabbed her hand to stop her, "no magic in the house, sorry. Mum's weird about it."

"Ah, right. It's fine. Wonder if my father is the same."

"Mm," Remus mused. "It'll be interesting, to meet him."

"You're coming?" She asked.

"Well, you're hardly going to take Regulus, are you?"

She smirked at him, "maybe I will, Lupin."

"Be my guest," he smiled back, standing up with the plates and turning to the sink, rolling his eyes as soon as his back was to her.

"Remus," she called, from where she stayed seated at the table. 

He didn't turn around but turned the tap off.

"I'm joking," she said softly.

"I know," he sighed, turning around.

"You'll come with me, won't you?"

"Of course I will, Juliet."

"Can we do that thing again?"

"What?" Remus asked her, looking up from where he sat at the table, going over his first year NEWTs notes.

Juliet cocked her head at the black box in front of where she sat. "That."

"The TV?" He grinned.

"The moving pictures."

"Yeah, television."

"Put it on," she demanded, smiling a little.

"What do you want to see?"

"Anything."

"Fine," he sighed, standing up and trying not to smile. He switched it on and left it on a cartoon, going back to the table.

"No, come." She said.

"Someone's feeling bossy."

"Lupin."

Remus held his hands up and closed his book, "I guess it's a little late for work."

"Thanks for having me here," Juliet said quietly, not stopping watching the drawings run around on the screen.

"Of course," he said, looking at her. "Never expected Juliet Romilly to be sat in my muggle mother's house," he laughed. "Then and again, never expected Juliet Romilly to be a halfblood."

"Never expected Remus Lupin to be a werewolf," she shot back.

He laughed, "it's been an odd year."

"Hogwarts has never been so divided."

"Yet here I am watching television with a Slytherin."

"Well, war brings out either the best or worst in people."

"You ready for next week? Going back?"

Juliet sighed, "maybe it'll be better, no Lucius watching me. Only really got Regulus to worry about, and he's alright at the minute."

Remus stiffened a little as he had often found himself doing at the mention of Regulus, "he won't let anything happen, will he?"

"He loves me," Juliet said sadly. "He'll protect me."

"You're sure?"

"I am."

"He's told you?"

The witch bit her cheek to stop tears, "yeah, he told me."

"Do you love him?"

"You know I don't, Remus."

"Sorry."

"It's okay, I just want him to be happy too. Love someone else."

"He will," Remus nodded, trying to ignore how she'd said be happy too.

"We're going to have to stay away from each other this year, Remus."

"We're in potions, and prefects, and-"

"You know what I mean."

Remus groaned and looked at the witch, "might be harder than it sounds."

Juliet smiled and rested her head on his shoulder, "what if I told you my life depends on it?"

"I'll give it a go then."

JULIET {remus lupin}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें