A birthday special.

This chapter will be set in Dallas and Drayton's freshman year of college.

DRAYTON

Sweat dripped down my brow as I dead lifted in front of the mirror, muscles aching against the weight. I'd been here for the last two hours, counting down the minutes until the week was over and I could go and see my baby. This weekend we were celebrating Dallas' nineteenth birthday and I had a special evening planned for her. Not that every evening I spent with her wasn't special. But she was going to fucking love this one.

Coleman wandered up behind me and I watched him in the mirror as he assessed the weights on the rack. He and I had become fast friends, both new to the football team and desperate to make it to the NFL. There were only a handful of things that pissed me off about him. The main one being that he liked to look at my girlfriend a little too long and that he liked to ask how she was doing whenever he saw me.

"You been here long?" He asked, wiggling his fingers above one hundred pound dumbbells and deliberating if he should move up. The gym facility was state of the art. The best equipment, immaculate bathrooms with heated floors, saunas and massage chairs.

I dropped the weight I was lifting and used the bottom of my shirt to wipe sweat off my brow. "Yeah, I'm done here," I said, breathing hard.

"How's Dallas?"

I narrowed my glare at his stupid fucking grin, one that told me he was fully aware of what he was doing.

The two of them met at a mixer I'd dragged her along to. She'd been standing at the bar with a skin tight dress glued to her ass and instead of standing with her so I could intimidate anyone who assumed she was available, I had been roped into a conversation with some shmuck who wanted to talk about my father.

I truly thought dad's memory was buried in the fucking archives of ancient athletes but once in a while someone reminded me that he was an NFL star less than a decade ago. While I was busy telling this dude that dad was in fact not planning on coaching, Coleman had spotted my girl and decided to shoot his shot.

I mean, I couldn't blame him because with her gorgeous quads and calf's on display and her long blonde hair falling to her round ass, I too, would have been watching her with my tongue hanging out of my head. Dallas had been in my line of sight the entire time and when I did a quick sweep to see that she was safe, I saw Coleman standing beside her, hand in his pocket, smirk on his annoyingly handsome face. Good looking mother fucker.

Now, I trusted Dallas, more than anyone else I'd ever known. That girl would never entertain another man for a moment. Some of my favorite memories were of her absolutely rejecting the hell out of some desperate twat that didn't know how to take a hint. But regardless, I wanted Coleman to know that not only was she in a relationship, she was in a relationship with me. If he had any plans on harassing her, or pestering a fucking conversation out of her, he'd be wise to think twice. I didn't want her night being spoiled because he felt the need to blabber her ear off.

I'd excused myself from the conversation I was having and headed for the bar. Dallas must have sensed my approach because she looked over her shoulder with a knowing smile and I quickly slipped an arm around her waist. Coleman straightened up, his attention on my hand and the way Dallas sunk into me.

"Fucking should have known," Coleman tapped his knuckles on the frosted glass bar top, his tight smile of defeat made me grin. "You would have the hottest girl here."