"Sorry for all the inconveniences I may have caused"

Sunghoon looked back at me with quite a peculiar look.

"Forget it. I didn't mind it" was all what he said, and with that, we made it to the gates of the school.

We walked into our classroom, where I was met by Sunoo and the other boys.

"Mirae!!!!!!" the brightest out of them all dashed towards me, tackling me into a hug.

"I went to your house this morning and you weren't there, I thought you'd miraculously left without me so I went to school thinking I'd find you here. But to my surprise you weren't here either! Where were you?!!"

His voice could already be heard through the whole classroom, as it raised the eyebrows of some students.

"I- uh. You know- I never actually left Sunghoon's house"

To the blunt confession I had just dropped, Sunoo's face did as well, along with some other faces from the boys at the back.

"H-huh? You slept at Sunghoon's place?? Sunghoon what did you do to her!!"

Sunoo's gaze now fell onto Sunghoon.

"Like I'd do anything to the likes of her" was all what he said, before walking past us and taking his seat.

His table was already filled with the boys asking him questions, but he only tried to ignore them by putting his head on the table.

Meanwhile for me, I was left with an angry Sunoo in my sight. His gaze told me "tell me now before one of you becomes dead meat"

I gulped hard before I let out a sentence.

"I was really exhausted and fell asleep. Sunghoon was kind enough to just let me sleep in his spare bedroom. There. Done. Happy?" I explained to him, while making my way to my seat as well.

"And he didn't do anything weird to you??" Sunoo followed me to my table, he made sure he asked the question while passing Sunghoon's table and looking at him.

"No. He did not. Unless I was asleep and I didn't know-"

I turned around to look at Sunghoon, who's head was still on the table.

He raised his head and leaned back in his chair, "like anyone would do anything to you"

"Huh?? What do you mean by that?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him. Was he calling me unattractive or something?

"I'm not a dickhead, Mirae" he said, before going back to resting his head on the table.

"Some would say otherwise" I said under my breath, whether he heard or not remained a mystery.

It was lunch time when I caught myself wandering through the halls of the school, they seemed quite empty since majority of people were in the canteen.

It was probably better if I was there as well, because to my unluck, I was caught hand in hand with Hang Haera.

I did not miss seeing her face one bit.