Back

This story is kind of a part 2 to the last one, but you can read it without reading the last one. This takes place 2 weeks after Charlie visited nick at college. 

Nick's pov:

So today is Thursday, and tomorrow I am going home to spend the weekend with my mum and Charlie. It's been over a moth since I last saw my mum, and two weeks since I saw Charlie, although it feels like longer. After Charlie's last visit he has been so bad at responding texts and calls, and he just seems to kind of have shut off again. I am gonna ask him what's going on  tomorrow tho. Right now i'm just packing my stuff so I am ready to leave right after my last class tomorrow, but all of a sudden my phone beeps. Its Charlie. 

Char❤️: Im not okay

I panic. What am I going to respond to this? I check my classes tomorrow, and none of them are important so I decide that i'm just gonna drive home now. I get all of my stuff into my car, and start driving home. I call my mom on the way. 

"Hi Nicky, are you driving? there's a lot of background noise", 

"yeah i'm on my way home", 

"What about school?" she asks, she starts sounding a little mad 

"I don't have any important classes tomorrow", 

"Why are you even coming home today?" she asks

"You know how I told you about Charlie being offline a lot lately?"

"yeah..?"

"well he just texted me "i'm not okay", like just out of the blue. I know school is important, but so is he, and I need to be with him and talk to him in real life, not over FaceTime" 

"Oh well, okay then, you and Charlie can sleep here tonight if he don't feel like being at home" 

"Thank you mum, I love you" 

"I love you too, bye" 

"Bye" 

My mum hangs up and I just keep driving. The 3 words won't leave my mind. 

i'm not okay. i'm not okay. i'm not okay. 

After a while I get to Charlie's house, I walk up to the front door and knocks. Tori opens the door.

"Oh, hi nick. What are you doing here" she asks, "Charlie texted me" I say. I can tell from the look on her face she knows I don't have time to stand here and talk to her, "He's in his room", "thank you tori, good to see you by the way" I say running up the stairs, "good to see you too" she answers and takes another sip of her lemonade and walk back into the living room. I knock on Charlie's door "come in". 

As I walk through the door I see Charlie curled up in a ball in his bed. "nick" he starts crying as he says my name. I run over to hime and hugs him. "What's wrong Charlie, please talk to me, I have been so worried about you since you visited me last time" I find myself starting to tear up, cause I only just realized now, how worried I actually have been. "I am getting bad again..." he sobs. I freeze for a second. How? he was so much better. He doesn't deserve any of this. No one does. "Do you know why? I ask him, "I don't wanna say" he answers, "Charlie, I need you to talk to me, I won't get mad, I just need you to be honest with me so I can help you, I hate seeing you like this", "mhm, fine..." he pauses and takes a deep breath, I start to worry that something really bad happened, but he just says "Its because of you" I go into kind of a shock. What does he mean by that? Does he want to break up with me? "Do.. you not wanna be together anymore?" my voice says all high pitched and wobbly. "What?! Of course I do! I get how that sounded wrong, it's just I miss you. I know I should be able to live my life when you are at school, but you are like my rock. I can do anything without you. Everything sucks when you are not here". I look Charlie in the eyes and pull him in for a hug. "Oh char, I love you so much, I wish there was something I could do, but I have to go to school", "I know, and I don't blame you or anything, I just wish I was a year older, or your college was closer" "Me too". We lay in silence for a while until Charlie breaks it "Thank you for coming home today", "Of course" I say and kiss him on the top of is head. 

Sorry this is a short one, but I wanna put one out everyday, and I have plans today so I didn't have time to make it longer. Hope you like it tho!

- H