Willing to Try

Comincia dall'inizio

Prime reassured him. "She'll be safe in my care."

Ratchet was skeptical, a rarity for him with the Autobot leader.

".. Alright then. I suggest you meet up with Acree. You're both patrolling areas in close proximity to each other."

Optimus took his suggestion.

"Ready the ground bridge."

As we left, Ratchet could only scratch his head in thought. There was something going on here, but Ratchet couldn't figure out what.

——————————

For a little moment it was only Optimus driving along, and I looking out the window. OP pointed out the silence. "Hey, I thought you were way too into music?"

I smiled at his asking, pulling out my phone. "The DJ has arrived in the house. What should we listen to today?"

"Eh, I'm feeling like Pop or Alt. Rock, you choose."

"You know, I think I'm feeling a little Pop myself."

..

After a couple minutes of music, we met Arcee off road.

Prime rolled up to Arcee and stopped. I hopped out of Optimus' cab and he transformed. Immediately Arcee noted my presence to Optimus.

"I didn't know you were bringing someone with you."

"She deserved it today." He smiled so that it was hidden from Arcee, but I could tell it was.

I smiled at Arcee. "I endlessly bugged him to until he caved and let me come along."

"Looks like you got what you wanted." Acree started to walk, and we joined her.

I giggled.

"I'm more ways than one."

That confused her slightly, but she let it slide. Although, she wasn't going to forget that dialogue.

We patrolled until the afternoon. I was good all the way through, climbed a few large rock walls, and managed to make Prime smile largely a few times. Arcee noticed, and once again wondered why.

I was once again climbing a rock face, one near the cave opening of an abandoned Decepticon mine. Arcee walked out of the mouth of the cave and noticed OP watching me.

"Don't fall!"

I glanced back to him before jumping up a step in the rock face. "You kidding? This has been the easiest climbable yet today."

Arcee went over to stand next to Optimus. She wanted to ask him about something.

"Hey Optimus?"

"Yes Arcee?" Optimus glanced at her, the back at me.

Acree looked up to me, then back to OP. "Why did you bring her exactly? Did she really bug you to? Because her presence doesn't seem like a detriment to you."

Optimus turned to Arcee, glancing back me to make sure I was safe.

"Actually, I invited her to come along, not the other way around."

That was unexpected for Arcee to hear. "Really? You never invite the other kids along with you."

Optimus thought a moment, and looked to Arcee.

"Well... this was the least I could do for her. She wants to spend time with me, and I want to spend time with her."

Arcee started to ponder what he meant, and was beginning to suspect something odd was going on.