Chapter 34 Dad and Uncle John

As many know I never had the best relationship with my biological dad.  I went years without talking to him. He moved closer to me and my older sister. He started to come around to see her and well I allowed him to come back into my life.

His birthday was March 31. I was invited to his party which was at happy acres (a campground). The people that were there was his girlfriend, my older sister, my youngest niece, aunt Joan, uncle Amanda, Patty, and Randy. I believe that was their names. They are some relation to me.

Anyways as we were all having a good time I hear Patty and my dad talking. She was calling me by my dead name. He said to her "she doesn't go by that name anymore, she goes by Tobias."

Granted he said the wrong pronouns but if you knew my dad hearing him say that was enough for me. He stuck up for me in a way. I know eventually he'll use the right pronouns. Until then I'm glad he's making an effort.

Later on my dad decided to call his brother, well my Uncle, John. Uncle John went around and talked to everyone. When it got to me I said
"Hello Uncle John."

I haven't talked to him in years. "Who is this?"

"I am related to the last person you talked to. We are siblings."

I was expecting him to say my dead name but he didn't.

"Tobias." He said.

"Yes you got it right Uncle John."

For us not talking in years. I was surprised he knew that which means my dad or someone else has talked to him. I'm friends with him on Facebook but he doesn't get on there, at least I don't think. 

I'm glad my family is making an effort. It means a lot. I hope they all know that.