Chapter 11 - The Alpha Meeting: Part Two

Start from the beginning

"I was only attacked because my pack doesn't know what the hell to do. But trust me, it will never happen again. They have been punished," comes his foolish response.

I notice his Beta tense up as he lowers his gaze to the table, a saddened look overtaking his features. Due to my new advanced eye sight, I notice a single tear slip and roll down his cheek before he aggressively wipes it away. A pang of sympathy hits me hard, almost chipping at my stone of a heart, before I pull myself together.

"Everyone knows that a pack is only as great as its Alpha. If your pack is failing to do their job, it is because you are failing as their Alpha," I express, my cold gaze resting on him.

"That's bullshit! I do an amazing job as their Alpha. They should be grateful to have someone as strong and skilled as me," he boasts.

"I agree with Alpha Gray. Your pack has had the most attacks just this year. One of them was by a small group of 5 rogues who managed to wipe you clean of your armory," Alpha Pierce voiced, causing my heart to involuntarily flip. "Either you're not training your pack right, or they let them in because they hold no loyalty towards you. Everyone knows a pack without loyalty is doomed."

"Are you implying my pack has betrayed me?!" Alpha Miller bursts out. He turns sharply to glare at his Beta, who cowers further into his seat.

"I am not implying anything, only making observations," Alpha Pierce replies.

"Perhaps you may need assistance in training your warriors Alpha Miller?" Alpha Mason suggests. "We can get something worked out for you. As we said at last month's meeting, one more attack and your pack may not survive it."

"I'm willing to make a deal with you. I can lend you some of my warriors to help train your pack in exchange for some land," Alpha Pierce negotiates.

"I don't make deals with the likes of you," Alpha Miller grumbles.

'This guy is such an idiot. He's willing to hurt his pack due to his pride' Adrian comments in the link.

'I know. I wouldn't blame his pack if they did betray him,' Tyler joins.

'I'm so glad we didn't have to merge our packs. Imagine if we would have taken orders from him. Our pack would be in ruins,' Adrian continues.

'That just gave me an idea,' I declare.

'What-' Tyler starts before I close the link.

"Well if you don't want to work with Alpha Peirce, I'm willing to make you an offer," I voice. Everyone's head snaps in my direction. "I can lend you a few warriors to help with your training, except I don't want anything in exchange," I declare. Alpha Peirce's eyes snap up in my direction as they stare at me with curiosity.

I can feel Tyler's distress as he nudges our link, but I hold the block up. I keep my gaze on Alpha Miller, watching his face rapidly turn red.

"As if I take help from a she-wolf?! I don't care if you fooled everyone into thinking your the new Alpha of the Blood Moon pack!" He spurts out.

"That is enough. I have let your disrespect go on for long enough," I remark as the power seeps into my tone. "You need to put your pride aside for your pack. Man up and be a true Alpha."

I couldn't help the satisfaction from swarming my body as I watch him shrink down into his seat.

"Now, are you going to take my deal or are you going to work with Alpha Peirce?"

"If I may impose," Alpha Mason chimes in, "What if both you and Alpha Pierce help Alpha Miller with the training? We all know both of your packs are at the top due to your pack's high security and intense training," he suggests.

I glance over and see Alpha Peirce's eyes already on me. I fight the urge to look away and instead hold his cold stare with my own.

"I'm willing to work with that if you are, Alpha Peirce," I state, glad my voice came out steady. I couldn't help but notice the slight shudder of his body when I spoke his name.

'We need to figure this feeling out and fast,' Freya voices.

'I know.'

"Sure why not. I would like to see the Blood Alpha in action," he answers, his cold, calculating eyes not leaving mine.

"It's settled then. Alpha Miller?" Alpha Mason turns his attention to him, who is still sitting silently in his seat.

He glances in my direction subtly. I narrow my eyes slightly, waiting for his answer.

"Yes. I'll go though with it," he mutters.

I notice his Beta relax in his seat as if a weight has been lifted. I felt pity and anger consume me at what Alpha Miller's incompetence caused his pack. I don't even know why I feel so passionate about this.

'That's because that was suppose to be our pack as well. We still feel the bond even though we were rejected,' Freya voices.

The meeting carries on as every other Alpha speaks about the current issues in their pack. I drone them out, my thoughts on what Freya said. I can still feel the occasional glances from everyone in the room, almost as if they were waiting for me to lash out. I couldn't blame them though, my reputation does precede me. Although, I was more conscious of a certain pair of eyes that sent chills down my spine, burning holes to the side of my head. I fought the urge to squirm as his stare made me uncomfortable. I hate being in the unknown and this new feeling I am having towards Alpha Peirce is driving me mad.

'Relax. Maybe this could be a good thing,' Freya suggests.

'Maybe, but what if it isn't and just brings on more complications? We have too much on our plate already, possible love interests just aren't on the table for us right now.'

'I mean, Mother did say-'

'I know what she said. I just want to be cautious. I can't afford to go through more heartache. I think it would be best for us to shut it off.'

'No. I won't do that again. We are still reaping the repercussions from last time. I'm sorry Bri, but I can't.

'We need to though! I can't let my emotions cloud my judgement. I've been trying so hard to not feel any emotions, but I can't help it.'

'I said no,' she declares before putting her block up.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Hey guys!

Here is another short chapter to make up for taking my sweet time on updating. I hope you guys enjoy!

Let me know what you guys think so far. I am open to any suggestions.

Please vote and comment. 💛