Lab Assistant

By: A_Spicy_Bowl_of_Olives on AO3

"Thank you again for agreeing to help me with this Harls"

"Of course, what are friends for?"

Certainly, what are friends for, if not for agreeing to become a human lab rat to test out an experimental sex toxin for a hormonally-supercharging supervillain, of course?

As the former psychiatrist now found herself in the company of Ms Poison Ivy more and more, she quickly became accustomed to just how devoted the woman was to her work. Her work being concocting deadly poisons and libido enhancing drugs, as one does in their spare time.

Whether there was unintentional or deliberate intent when the doctor questioned how the meta human went about testing the effectiveness of her potions, depends on who you ask. And if you asked either of those two women...that question was a gateway to a wide array of engaging evenings.

"Most of my test subjects are either too terrified or too combative to properly relay the effects of my serums for analysis. More often than not, I have to experiment on those I mind control. But that adds a whole new confusing variable to the outcome of my studies."

The botanist spoke as she gathered odd looking serums in vials, mixing them together with plant herbs and leaves from her surrounding lab. "This is the first trial I've ever performed on a willing participant. I think I may finally be able to gather some clear data for once."

Harley watched colored smoke rise noxiously from the brew Ivy was concocting. It practically hissed as the woman poured it into a sharpened syringe. "I mean it Harley, thank you...I really appreciate this." Ivy said over her shoulder earnestly; a rare side of the woman only the blonde was ever allowed to see.

The girl in question felt her chest swell with pride a bit at the gratitude. "No problem Ivy, it's my pleasure."

"Oh if this experiment is a success...it certainly will be~"

Harley shivered at her tone as she watched the villain approach her from the work bench. The young woman in question was sitting atop a makeshift examination table, dressed in a pale medical gown with nothing else.

She wasn't going to lie, the professionalism of the whole set up had her a bit nervous. The somehow comfortable but somehow stiff bed below her, the cotton balls and alcohol wipes to the small table beside her, the bubbling chemicals in test tubes, even Ivy dressed in a sterile white lab coat... it felt like a routine trip to the doctor's office rather than a mad botanist's lair. Nerves would have gotten the better of her if it hadn't been for Ivy's exceptional bedside manner.

"There's nothing to be afraid of lily," she said gently, taking a seat on the little desk chair beside the table. "It's not that I don't know what the serum will do to you, I'm merely observing its effectiveness. There won't be any unforeseen side effects to worry about, I promise you." She gave an assuring squeeze to the blonde's hand who let out a sigh, and a timid smile. The botanist smiled back warmly, "And I'll be right here the whole time," she lifted the girl's hand giving it a soft kiss.

Poison Ivy was many things: An intimidating supervillain, a socially awkward recluse, and a surprisingly considerate lover. But above all...she was a confident, hot and incredibly skilled chemist. Harley could tell from her demeanor alone that she knew what she was doing, and that was all the assurance the girl needed. She squeezed back at the green hand holding hers, brave. "I trust you."

"Of course, this is all entirely up to you Harls. I understand if you want to back out of this, I won't pressure you." The metahuman spoke carefully.

Harley smiled, now taking hold of Ivy's hand to return the kiss. "I trust you red," she insisted. Their gaze held for a moment as they shared a blush before Ivy turned her attention to the syringe in her hand.