Ensnared

By: A_spicy_bowl_of_Olives

“Ya know, if I never knew you were part plant I think I still could’ve guessed it pretty easily what with you practically livin’ in this garden, red—” Harley whined teasingly as she sauntered into the makeshift greenhouse her and her girlfriend had been calling home these past few weeks. Though the term ‘greenhouse’ in this context was used loosely as the mature trees growing through the ceiling leaving behind a skeleton of what was once a roof arguably didn’t qualify the space as any sort of ‘house’.

Ivy chuckled to herself before turning around to greet the blonde. “Hello to you too,” she smiled, eyeing the girl as she cartwheeled over to give a gentle hug. Harley purred with contentment into the woman's chest as she returned the gentle contact. Being far shorter than her, that was as high as her head went when standing next to Ivy, a quality the redhead found so overwhelmingly adorable she couldn't help but squeeze the clown a bit tighter for a moment before she felt Harley pull away to look up at her.

Clearly she had plenty of energy this evening, the metahuman had observed upon her girlfriend's entrance. Ivy took note of this because Harley with bubbling energy only meant that the clown was itching to burn it off somehow—and knowing Harley, that left several options open to the imagination. Each one of them met the same road block however: the garden goddess was far too busy to give the girl proper attention at the moment.

“You almost done with your flower sperm samples? I’m bored half to death, Ive—” the blonde whined, shifting her weight melodramatically. “Harl, please stop calling pollen ‘flower sperm’ ” Ivy groaned, pinching her brow. “That’s what it is though, isn’t it?” Harley shrugged, giving a dull wave of her hand and a blasé shake of her head. “I mean yes, but…” Ivy started to argue before giving up halfway with a tired sigh, “maybe I should just keep the plant fun-facts to a minimum around you—" she mumbled.

“Aww, don’t! It’s cute when you get all geeky about this stuff!” Harley insisted with a bright smile, rolling up to the tips of her toes to kiss her taller lover sweetly. Ivy cracked a crooked smile from the corner of her lips with a soft blush on her cheeks. “Fine,” she yielded with a smirk, “but only because you think I’m cute,” she winked a green eye coyly.

The clown beamed with a shy little giggle. “You are cute blossom butt,” Harley grinned, leaning up to steal another quick kiss. She held the woman's hands in her own, swinging her, and by extension Ivy's arms, loosely in the air. Her whole body seemed to be bouncing lightly to a tune only she could hear. The botanist watched her with mirth—the girl had the ability to give so much life to a room with only her mere presence. Ivy loved that about her.

“—But I wish being a cute little scientist didn’t take up so much of your time Pammy, I've hardly seen you today,” she pouted suddenly with a soft whine, “I miss my dandelioness...”

Ivy tutted sympathetically, giving the clown's cheek a gentle stroke. “I’m sorry baby I still have a few more samples I need to collect from this latest batch of mutated ambrosia—” she began explaining before a mournful whimper cut her off. “What’s wrong love?” the woman tilted her head down at the frowning blonde with concern.

“I’m so bored, red,” Harley whimpered with a pout on her soft pink lips, “there ain’t nothin’ to do in this giant treehouse.” Ivy snickered affectionately, “when aren’t you bored, Harl?” she teased, brushing a thumb over the girl’s cheek. It was an attempt at comfort, which is why it took the botanist by surprise to see Harley blush so fiercely at the touch, and how her eyes seemed to flutter.