Meeting the Parents

Start from the beginning

After Leah and Harry had spent the afternoon at the Grimmauld place painting rooms, she came back home to a fully decorated house. A large Christmas tree with garlands, lights and ornaments stood near the window. The walls, the table, the fireplace... everything was covered in decorations. Three stockings hung above the fireplace, all of their names beautiful knitted on the white fluffy rim. When she stepped further into the house as she took off her shoes, she heard Christmas music filling the house. The dinner table was already set, and she heard one of the twins hum in the kitchen. Seeing Fred there instead of George in an apron, nearly send her into an early grave.

"What are you doing?" She whispered as she tip-toed behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Fuck's sake!" He clutched at his heart, turning in her embrace. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

"I'm sorry." She said, not sounding sorry at all, with her wide grin. "Kiss and make up?"

"You know me so well." He grinned and swooped down, capturing her lips in a sensual kiss. "And to answer your question." He said as he pulled away. "I'm cooking."

"You don't cook." She pointed out.

"Well, I want to impress your parents. George left me a detailed list." He reached for a piece of paper behind him. And indeed, George had listed everything, step by step, telling Fred what to do and more importantly what not to do. She gave her best pout as she looked up to him. "What's wrong?"

"You never cook for me."

"I do other things for you." He smiled seductively. But he knew she was right, he had never cooked for her, not that he didn't want to, but because he was afraid he might poison her. He's been getting secret cooking lessons from his mum, Hermione too jumped in when she had chance. So, neither George nor Leah knew. And they wanted to keep it that way until they could at least cook five meals without any help, no luck so far.

"Want to show me then?" She bit her lip and looked up at him with her round blue eyes, her hand coming from his waist and up to the nape of his neck. She heard him growl in response, but just when he was about to capture her lips, she stepped back. Now it was Fred who gave her a pouting look. "My parents arrive any minute now. So, -" She looked over Fred's shoulder. "- finish dinner and I'll freshen up." She gave chaste kiss and hopped up the stairs.

"Oh, hide your broom and your wand." Leah said as she nervously paced in the living room.

"Leah, love." Fred smiled as he stopped her by the shoulders. "Every magical trace is hidden. And unless your parents get snooping in the cupboards upstairs, we're good."

"But-" She started to get nervous again, but Fred shuts her up as he placed his lips over hers, drawing her in. Damn that boy knew exactly how to shut her up, or how to get her relaxed. She leaned into the kiss and her hand immediately went to his hair. And when she gave it a pull, their lips parted, and the kiss deepened. How long they stood there? She didn't know, but what she did know is that they only parted when the bell rang.

Fred took her hand tightly in his as they walked to the front door. "You got this." He winked before she opened the door.

"Hi mum, dad." She smiled at her parents and hugged them both. Her mum was the same height as Leah, but with blonde hair that just reached her shoulders. Her dad was just a smidge taller than Fred with dark brown long hair. While his wife was neatly dressed, probably coming from work, her dad was dressed like one of the hippies he saw in a movie, he had watched with Leah. "This is Fred. Fred these are my parents Oscar and Deirdre."