"Welcome back everyone! And welcome to our new students, please make sure they get a warm welcome in your house." The headmistress smiled. "Before you all go up to your beds, there are two new staff members I would like to announce."

She felt Hermione stiffen next to her, and she grabbed her hand under the table, giving her a reassuring smile. Before they both looked out to the students, that had all their eyes on them. Leah swallowed thickly.

"Our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Granger." Minerva said proudly, letting her arm glide to Hermione, who slowly rose from her seat. The hall started to fill with whispers from the kids. "Granger? Hermione Granger?" or "From the golden trio?" or "The brightest witch of her age?"

"They should call you Professor Famous." Leah teased when Hermione sat back down, she looked at her with wide eyes before laughing softly. "They'll get used to it." Leah said more serious and winked at her.

"And from this year on, there will be a new position at this school. I want you all to meet Leah Derijker, our new guidance counsellor." Leah stood up and grinned wide at the students, the two young kids form before break clapped and shouted loudly. She slowly lowered herself as the headmistress started speaking to the students once more.

It took a few weeks before the students started to trickle in. Once the word was out of what she actually did for them and what she was like, she had regular visitors. She wandered around in between classes or during mealtimes to talk and listed to any students who needed it, or just to say hello. It was certainly a different time than when Hermione went to school, she was informed. They never had so many young faculties at Hogwarts, with her, Hermione and Derek, the boys and girls were swooning. She always found it funny and adoring when young kids came up to her, holding a box of candy or flowers. She was impressed by the confidence the older kids had, when sixth and seventh years came up with a flirty wink and small gifts. At the end of every week, Hermione and Leah came together and gone over what the boys or even some girls, did or said or even gave them.

At the end of November, the day before Halloween they floo'd home together. To find Leah's house decorated to the brim with Halloween decorations.

"Here are my girls." The twins voiced came from the kitchen as they leaped towards them. Fred picked up Leah and twirled her around as they kissed, George doing the same to Hermione. Before they switched places but left out the kissing. We all know Fred and Hermione had a rocky start, but you wouldn't think that if you saw the two together now. They even had their own inside secrets, like she and George have.

"Are you staying tonight?" George asked as his thumb stroked Hermione's cheek. She nodded with a goofy smile.

"We actually have something to ask you two." Leah grinned as she pulled Hermione out of George's grasp, who pouted for a moment before his curiosity overtook.

"What prey tell can that be?" Fred asked with a raised eyebrow.

Hermione and Leah exchanged a look before looking at the boys in front of them and asked in unison. "Would you like to go to the ball with me?"

"Ball-"

"What ball?"

"Not the answer we were looking for but-" Hermione pursed her lips and glared, trying to hide her smile.

"There is a Halloween dance tomorrow, and we would like you two to be our dates." Leah finished. The twins looked from the girls to each other, a huge grin forming on their faces.

"They're stealing-"

"Our twin speech- "

"I know!" They both ended and the girls rolled their eyes.