𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒

CHAPTER ONE
If There's Something Weird

Malcolm observed the inside of the house. The structure and foundation were fine, but most people wouldn't know that. The fire had spread too fast to be a normal house fire set by a normal object or situation.

    He looked to his side to see Niki standing there in her casual uniform. They both laughed whenever the director would say 'uniform'. The uniform was a black or navy blue jacket, dress pants, and a normal blouse. Nothing special.

    Niki looked at the walls, scoffing. The burnt edges were round, almost a perfect circle. There was a hint of green in the black and grey ash.

    "What's your read?" Malcolm asked.

    "Salamander. Some of them can drip green guck onto the place they burn, it's rare, but it can happen. Besides, there's a part of a scale here behind the couch. And it's green." Niki explained.

    Malcolm nodded in agreement. "Alright, so, we find the salamander—"

    A scream erupted from across the street, causing both of the Maguires to snap their heads to the noise. "I think we found it." Niki breathed out.

    "Yeah, by the way, how the hell do you know about salamanders?" Malcolm wondered. Both of them bolted out of the house. "And how do we kill it?" He asked.

    Niki sighed, "read a journal. The only way to kill one is to lock it in a tight space to let it breathe in its own poison."

    "Oh, how lovely, thanks for the graphic image." Malcolm replied. "What space are we gonna put it in?"

    "A garage? Shed?" Niki suggested. Both put on their black masks to cover their mouths.

    Malcolm found the salamander, and led it into the shed that contained gardening tools and a lawn mower. Niki was right beside the door to shut it the second Malcolm would get out. His foot was outside of the shed, and Niki slammed the door and used all of her strength to push against the door.

    The yelping died down from the salamander, notifying them that it was dead.

    "It's dead now." Niki breathed out, opening the door.

    Malcolm dragged out the salamander, and took the shovel to dig it in an old cemetery. He clapped his hands together, and the Maguires ripped their masks off.

    "Are we heading back to HQ right away? Or can we get food first?" Niki asked, hoping she could eat something soon.

    Malcolm sighed, heading towards the car, "we'll stop and eat, then we have to get back to headquarters. Deal?" He held his hand out to shake.

    "Deal." Niki responded, running to the truck.

    She lightly tapped her fingers to the beat of highway to hell that played on the radio station. Malcolm looked at Niki for a second, still paying attention to ongoing traffic and the road, but he smiled. It might not have been the best life to live, but Niki never once complained about the harshness of it. Mind you, he still didn't love the idea of her hunting supernatural shit.

    Niki happily ate her cheeseburger, getting little bits of ketchup over her shirt, jeans, and hands. "Any word on the next one?" She asked, still eating.

    Malcolm hummed, "well, there's one in Jericho. No details."

    Niki read the very small file report the director had put together. "Information taken from John Winchester. Who the hell is John Winchester?" Niki asked.

    "A hunter I'm guessing." Malcolm replied. "Heard the information around. I figure if the guy knows anything, he's a hunter."

    Niki looked out the window, watching the trees go into a motion blur effect. They got a call from the director to just head to Jericho now instead of stopping at the headquarters, so they kept driving.

I don't know how to feel about this chapter, but it has been written

But Malcolm gets to meet his future husband in the next chapter...

Okay, bye!