𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

PROLOGUE
No, Nothin' Good Starts In A Getaway Car

The past haunts you, twists reality to make it seem like something it's not.

    Malcolm walked through the doors of the small house to quiet. It was night, he had a feeling that Niki was already in bed, but usually his wife wasn't, it was only eight o'clock. At least with Niki, she was only four years old, and somewhat willing to go to sleep. Malcolm looked all throughout the house, not a note in sight until he went back to the kitchen.

    The note read: 'Malcolm, you and I both know that one of us had to leave. Don't come looking for me.'

    He let out a frustrated groan. He ran his hands through his hair, then he heard footsteps. He looked down at his daughter. She was only four years old, she shouldn't have to worry about either parent. "Nik, you're supposed to be asleep." He said, moving to sit on the sofa.

    Niki slowly walked up to the sofa and climbed on to sit beside Malcolm. "Where's mom?" She asked.

    Malcolm sighed, not knowing what to tell his kid. He wanted to tell her the truth, but he didn't know what she could handle and what she couldn't. The look of curiosity in her eyes didn't help. "Your mom and I had a lot of arguments, fights... and I guess she wanted to protect you and give you a sort of stable life. So, she left. I don't know where she is." He admitted.

    Niki looked at her dad. Thoughts flooded in her mind. Was it about her? Was she the reason for fighting? Was she the one who made them stay in misery together? She looked out the window that was behind her dad, as they were facing each other. Her brows furrowed. "Nik? What is it?"

    A shadowy figure that looked like a demon popped into their living room. And unlike a normal four year old would do, Niki grabbed the pistol on the coffee table. Despite the questions in both Malcolm and Niki's heads about the gun on the coffee table, Niki gathered up enough adrenaline to turn off the safety and pull the trigger. Salt disposed from the bullet, killing the demon.

    Malcolm's head turned quickly to Niki. He quickly grabbed the demon killing knife in his pocket and threw it at another demon that was near Niki. This was going to be their lives, and both of them knew it. But Malcolm didn't want Niki to grow up hunting. But she was stubborn. She'd find a way to hunt at some point, he knew the second she picked up the pistol. But that didn't mean he had to let her do it so easily or enjoy it.

    "Remember that duffel bag your mom and I packed for you just in case an apocalypse ever happened?" She nodded. "Run, go get it. We're goin' on a road trip." Niki ran to her room to collect that bag plus stuffing a few extras inside the bag.

    Malcolm quickly grabbed his duffel bag, jackets for the two of them, their boots, both of their baseball caps, truck keys, wallet, and a small container of food and coffee. He walked beside Niki until they got in the truck, to which he checked under and in. Without saying a word, he started the truck, quickly looking at the piece of paper he held in his hand. An address to a secret intelligence agency.

    Niki winced when she brought her hand to her face to touch the cut on her right cheek. She didn't scream or cry when she saw the blood. It wasn't the blood or the demon that left an unsettling feeling in her stomach and mind, it was that she didn't care.

Niki is a smol bean and we must protect her. Note that this is 10 years before chapter one, so she's 14 in season one

And if you've read the winchester series (Highway to hell), Preston is in this story, but for her it's an au in which they never went to mystic falls, she doesn't meet elena, etc. , and there's no Meredith Carson, Sloane & Scott, just Preston

Okay, bye!