Chapter Four: Down The Warp Pipe

Start from the beginning

Once Mario made it across, he flipped himself upwards to try and reach the vibrating wheel. The meter suddenly started spinning out of control just as he reach the wheel. They were gonna do it! They were going to save Broo--

*SNAP!!*

The wheel suddenly broke off and fell.

So much for that idea.

Was there a Plan B? The look Mario suddenly had on his face proved there wasn't. He hadn't really thought this far into his 'definitely thought out plan' which suddenly caused both brothers to worry.
The pipe they were on started shaking and bursting wildly as well, making their luxk turnnout worse.

Next thing they knew, the pipe broke off the ratchet valve, causing both plumbers to be sent flying into the waterfall.

What neither of them knew, however, was that there was a wall behind the waterfall and they ended up bursting right through it!

What was this place? How was this not known of before? How were they going to get back out? They were so confused.
Mario and Luigi got themselves up, groaning in pain as they did. How they didn't break anything from hitting the brick wall, they didn't know. But that wasn't important right now.
"I knew saving Brooklyn was a bad idea..." Luigi mumbled softly. Mario then helped Luigi up to his feet as they kept walking and looking around. This place seemed fairly new.

Mario began walking down toward the rest of the sewer in curiosity. He had never been in this part of it before. It intrigued him slightly.
"Woah...what is this place?..." Mario looked around the newly found area. There were sewer pipes EVERYWHERE and it shocked the brothers seeing this many.
Both brothers looked down over the railing.
This place literally never ended. Luigi dropped a coin to make sure how long the drop was.

They never heard the sound of it reaching ground.

Curious, Mario and Luigi turned on their flashlights and began climbing down the ladders and stairs, as if this were a never ending Chutes and Ladders game.

As they continued looking around in wonder, Luigi stopped in front of a ginormous green pipe, big enough to even walk in! What became confused and wondered what this large pipe was doing here and why. It DID seem pretty cool though.

"Looks like nobody's been down here for years..." Mario mumbled to himself while he looked on ahead. Was there a reason this place was blocked off? Couldn't be a wild animal or something right?

Suddenly he heard cluttering noises from behind him and looked over to the giant green warp pipe.

Luigi was no longer with him.

"Luigi...?" Mario called out. No response. His green-clad brother better not be messing with him. Mario began to realize his brother really was no longer with him when he climbed up inside the pipe and saw that he wasn't there.
"Luigi, you in there?..." He called out in wonder. Again, no response. He began to go from being concerned to being worried all of a sudden. He picked up the monkey wrench from the ground, the only thing Luigi left behind.
"Luigi!!" He called out once more, his voice bouncing off the walls and echoing back to him.

Suddenly, the monkey wrench he had was pulled out of his hand and into the pipe by an unknown force. Now he was just full on confused. Was this magic? Was this the reason this place was blocked off? Surely, it couldn't be THAT bad...

"What...?" Mario was beyond confused at this point. Hoping there wasn't going to be some magical rainbow unicorn showing up telling him he's his conscience or something.

Instead, something much worse happened...

Mario's moustache tickled all of a sudden. A rush of wind began flowing through him as he looked in bewilderment. What was this force doing?
Suddenly, it felt as if an unknown force of wind was trying to push Mario into the warp pipe. Once he realized this, Mario began mentally panicking as he tried holding himself against the walls. He saw a bright ball of light ahead of him. Was this how he was going to die? Where was this thing trying to take him? So many questions yet so little time.

Before Mario could comprehend this was actually happening, he got sucked inside, his screams echoing through the pipe as he went flying along.

In a quick flash, Mario found he was flying along through the pipe in an unknown, wide open space, as if they were allnsuddenly flying in the beautifully colored sky. He deeply gasped in wonder.
This place was oddly beautiful. There were green pipes leading into different, fluffy clouds and everything! Was this Heaven? It was like he had just fallen through a whole different world or dimension.

Or perhaps even a new universe!

"Wow..." Mario mumbled in bewilderment as he gazed around this beautiful scenery. Mixtures of all sorts of different colors flew around him as he still continued flying through the pipe.

It was actually pretty peaceful.

However, that peace soon turned into terror when Mario heard Luigi screaming and panicking. He looked down and saw that his brother was spinning around way ahead of him through the pipe, still holding onto the toolbag.
"LUIGI!!" Mario called to him worriedly.
"MARIOOO!!" Luigi did the same in complete fear. Where were they going? Were they ever going to stop flying?

This was all new to them and it affected Luigi's mental state extremely. He felt as if he was going crazy, as if this were a dream. How much he wished for this to all be just a dream was beyond words.

Mario's heartbeat accelerated dramatically, seeing that his brother was in danger. He started trying to swing his way to him, like swimming in mid-air. The force of this caused him to speed up through the pipe and soon enough he was within arms reach of Luigi thankfully.
"GIMME YOUR HAND!!" Mario told him and he did as told, frightened. Mario tried calming his brother down as they continued spinning and holding onto each other's hands, that being the only thing keeping them together.

"IT'S ALL GONNA BE OKAY!!" Mario told his brother, trying to calm him down and keep him from being frightened. He hated seeing his green brother scared or hurt.
"HOW IS THIS GONNA BE OKAY?!?!" Luigi cried out, thinking they were both losing their minds. He was full-on scared at this point.
"I'M TELLING YOU!"

"NOTHING CAN HURT US AS LONG AS WE'RE TOGETHER!!"

Mario kept a bright smile on his face, knowing that as long as they were together, everything was going to be just fine, despite the circumstances they were in at that moment.
Luigi managed to smile in return and kept himself calm. He knew Mario was right. There was nothing to be afraid of as long as Mario was by his side. Nothing was going to stop them from--

As if dramatic irony hadn't had enough of them, Luigi suddenly got sucked away from Mario's hold, being sent into a different pipe completely. Both brothers suddenly panicked loudly. Mario's expression went from calm to horror in literally 0.3 seconds at seeing this. Luigi became scared the farther he was away from Mario. Things just couldn't get worse than this!
"MARIOOO!!!"

"LUIGIII!!!" Both plumbers called out for each other, fear-stricken.
Mario was being sent into a bright fluffy pink cloud while Luigi was being sent into a dark stormy cloud with magma fuming out of it.
If Mario could trade places so his brother was safe, he totally would've. Who knows what they were fixing to face!

Mario could hear his poor brothers' screams some more before Luigi was gone from his sight. Mario tried swimming back from the big force pulling him away from his frightened brother and of course, it didn't work as he fell through another pipe. The farther away Mario got from Luigi, the more he felt his promise was breaking.

This was a nightmare come true!!