Chapter 7: The Sudden Duet

Hey guys! Your girl is back with another update! So I noticed that you guys don't care if there are more than one point of view in each chapter, so there might be a few more POV changes than usual. And I'm going to have Y/n wear her mom's wedding ring from the Christmas special because it works with the plotline for this chapter. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. ^-^

Narrator's POV
At around 10:30 p.m., the girls had fallen asleep. About an hour and a half later (around midnight), Gajeel ran over to Y/n's house, hiding out underneath her bedroom balcony on the third floor.

"Urgh!" Gajeel mentally groaned, careful not to wake the sleeping girls. "Why did I have to run back here in the middle of the night?! I already know she has a crush on someone! But why do I care so much about who it is?" "Do I have feelings for her? I mean, Y/n is always making me laugh and smile, and she looks beautiful in her different forms whenever she's using her magic."

Soon, Gajeel started to think about Y/n, essentially thinking about his feeling for her.

"Do I have feelings for her?" Gajeel thought to himself. "I mean, Y/n is always making me laugh and smile, she looks beautiful in her different forms whenever she's using her magic, she's tough, and she doesn't care about what happened between Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail. Y/n doesn't even care that I gave her a scar on her left eye."

After that flurry of thoughts, Gajeel felt the heat rise up to his cheeks, letting him know that he was blushing.

"I guess I do--"

Just then, Gajeel's thoughts were cut off when he heard the balcony slide door open and footsteps overhead. He knew that he should be safe from anyone finding him, but Gajeel couldn't help but worry about getting caught by one of the girls. After a couple minutes, the footsteps stopped, letting Gajeel know that whoever it was outside was at the edge of the balcony.

"Shit!" Gajeel thought to himself. "What if it's Fairy Girl?! Shit, shit, shit, SHIT!"

Y/n's POV
It was around 12:15 a.m. when I woke up because I couldn't sleep. I needed to think and get some fresh air. So I got out of bed and grabbed an iron-gray, oversized hoodie and slipped it over my head, then grabbed my phone, and went out on the balcony to think and get some air. I think I know why I couldn't sleep, but do I really want to admit it? I mean, come on. I just found out that I have a crush on Gajeel; the same person who attacked the guild hall; the same person who attacked me, Levy, and the boys; and the same person who gave me the scar on my left eye during our raid on the Phantom Lord guild.

But Gajeel's also the same person who makes me smile, the same person who makes me feel like I belong, the same person who makes me feel true happiness, the same person who's willing to do anything to make me feel accepted, and the same person who's willing to put his life on the line in order to protect me.

I held my right hand out and looked at my mom's wedding ring, something that Gajeel got me for Christmas. Whenever I look at the ring, I can't help but smile and remember how much my mom loved my dad.

"I miss you, Mom," I thought to myself. "I wish you were still here. I hope you and Dad are back together. After everyone from Fairy Tail came back from Edolas, I found out that Dad had passed away. I know that you still love him, even after seeing him send the Southern Wolves guild after me because you passed away 14 years ago. Then my friend Gajeel gave me your wedding ring as a Christmas present. I'm even wearing it right now."

After that, I pulled my phone out of my hoodie pocket, unlocked my phone, and opened my music library. It's weird, singing always helps me think clearly and even helps me calm down. I pulled up the song Between the Raindrops by Lifehouse featuring Natasha Bedingfield, pressed play, and just let the music soothe my racing mind.