Lessons

The old elf decided to teach me some things, mostly language, and I was surprised by how much effort he actually put into it. But then again, he has a lot of time on his hands, and he doesn't have much work to occupy him. I managed to figure out that he is Vadim's uncle and his presence is a common occurrence here, but that's all I could find out so far. He took me on as his own project that must succeed, maybe because he's really indescribably bored, or maybe because he wants to occupy his mind with something so that he doesn't think about other things.

It was awkward at first. He demands discipline, which I have been hammered into my head a long time ago thanks to my father, but I am always happy to play with the fairies that occasionally find their way into the house. I was mostly visited by Celestina, as always, and she was very interested in what was happening, and she is also the one who gossips the most about me and the other elves among the fairies. What more can you expect from a fairy? I've known her long enough.

On one of those rare occasions, Celestina came accompanied by the king, who brought a bouquet of greens with him. Only when I took it in my hand did I realize that instead of the roots themselves, there are peanuts at the bottom. He must have worked so hard pulling it all out of the ground, and so carefully, he's not going to crush the cocoons himself too now, will he:

-That's for you.-Celestina directed me, and the blue skinned beauty kissed me:

-You don't have to keep the roots.-to translate "Please clean the peanuts for us so we can eat them."

In their hands, the peanuts looked unusually large and as if they would not fit in their stomachs, but they ate them bit by bit like little birds. The fact that I crushed the scales all over myself and the floor didn't bother them at all. It's all nature:

-Klarissa?- the elf called to me and found me on the library floor not at all impressed by the mess I made. He lost most of the color as it is, but I think his hair will turn completely white because of me.

I showed him the greens I got, but all he saw was a mess that needed to be cleaned up after me. I got a book over my dumb head and a nasty look (and there are at least 17 different nasty looks within his face) which the blue midget could not allow. He flew off my shoulder and began to argue and threaten, but I grabbed his legs and held him before there was any real trouble.