[Chapter 1] - Promise for the Future

Start from the beginning

On that same day, Welt Yang felt the weight on his shoulder finally lift up after several years as Schicksal, Anti-Entropy and World Serpent ended their decades long conflicts with each other, seeing no more reasons to fight.

He won't lie and say that everything returned to normal, with the Honkai sealed, the Herrschers slowly lost their powers as they reverted back to human but simply with an enhanced physical attributes which left them not at all defenceless.

However, the Archons, the beings that rivalled the Herrschers and commanded the elements simply remained the same, their powers never dwindled but they were taking care to control it every once in a while to ensure they can fight against whatever comes in the unknown future, be it the Honkai again or not.

Welt sighed as he walked his way across the train compartment as he glanced at the stars outside... the Astral Express, the train that travelled across the universe towards the unknown. For circumstances yet to be discussed, Welt found himself travelling into another bubble universe where the Honkai seemingly never touched on.

"If only you could see this, (Y/N), the fruits of your labours." Welt muttered as he looked to the stars, its presence reminding him of the said boy's Archon title.

(Y/N)'s final actions have not only saved them all from sacrificing anymore people but also brought peace to the world, but the people he left behind was... less than willing to celebrate their victory... after all; even if the Honkai is defeated, the most important person isn't there to celebrate with them, to see his own achievement that no one ever had accomplished.

To them, it isn't a victory but a loss.

The young Einherjar was always an... anomaly, a mystery for an individual such as himself, he talked with wisdom from an adult that had experienced war, many battles and skirmishes and taught others like a teacher with incredible amount of patience.

Patience that Welt admitted he did not had when he went as an undercover teacher.

It's no wonder how he managed to bond with so many individuals, uniting them and fighting against a common enemy which they all should had done so ages ago rather than to hold onto some petty grudges with each other that did nothing but cause more conflicts.

"Attention passengers! We are arriving at our next stop so do return to your seats unless you want to be thrown onto the floor!"

Welt silently chuckled at the conductor's tone, while he's far from incompetent, Pom-Pom was always the type to forgo any formalities when addressing the passengers of Astral Express.

As the train began rumbling, the former Herrscher sat back down as the stars soon stretched into lines as the train seemingly quantised into light itself along with his body and suddenly.

Everything became a flash.

================================

At the same time, a lady can be seen walking across the hallway of the Herta Space Station in the middle of... space, yet there is chaos afoot as multiple beings emerged from the tear in reality as their alien brought fear onto the denizens of the station.

They easily bypassed the forcefield surrounding the structure by tearing and entering the rifts in space whereas they soon made contact with the people within and their first action?

Kill them all.

Security guards fought while the personnel ran for safety as the place became more and more chaotic with both sides suffering casualties, not that it matters for the Antimatter Legion.

Meanwhile, the lady from before was simply mimicking playing an air violin, completely ignoring the alarms blaring in the building as she seemingly danced along an invisible orchestra.