Teen School Drama

Pain was surging in and out as she ran faster than she has ever accomplished, regardless if her lungs could collapse at any moment. Her breathing was heavy and her legs were aching for each sprint. All she wanted was to get away from everything. Panicking every time she stumbled or tripped, only to shoot back to her feet and continue her attempting escape from this so-called real world. This imperfect world… for this other world.

Finally a sign of hope; a chunk of the world that had failed to be completed; a blank white universe you can say… it was for now the girl's only safe point. The forest became gradiently whiter, much like an unfinished coloring book. Trees were now just thinning outlines until even they too were absorbed by her haven.

Her knees slammed on the empty ground and she rolled on her back to gain her breather. However, that was just the beginning. Even relaxing felt torturous; every part of her was burning as well as beating with the metronome of her heart, which was quite rapid. Something in her must've pull or expanded after that run and although she wasn't exactly sure what is was; her greatest pain came from under her right lung.

She closed her eyes as she laid there. Her panting soon as restful as the quiet sea, she was finally at peace…

Her eyes latched opened. A loud cracking sound brought her back to her weaken legs. Her heart was racing again, preparing the motivation to get her to dash in the opposite direction of this source. This however was different; she was surrounded by the sound. What was she to do if she wasn't sure where the sound was truly coming from? This white dimension forced heavy echoes, from above and below. Could it be from behind? No, nothing was there.

The girl brought herself to become dizzy; she was spinning at all directions, just so she could spot something unknown. Her eyes were barely focused when she saw it. Like a bullet, a thin black crack was jetting its way toward her. She couldn't react quickly enough, but that made no difference. Just as the fissure reached inches away from her, it forked around her.

The low cracking roared louder now that she and the source were in direct contact. The lightning shaped fault line widen… She was falling. The black hollow dept was going to consume her. The girl was pleading with only her screams; unfortunately, she could not be heard, not in this world at least…

The Other World was erupting as well as morphing once it leeched its victim…

Coraline felt really tired, yet a light sudden whiplash disturbed her. Her eyes popped open to find herself rested in the passengers' seat. She looked to see her mother sitting behind the wheel, holding her usual demeanor look on her face.

She had just awakened in her parent's Volkswagen, stopped at a red-light. Taps of heavy water was pouring all over the top of the roof, while the warm air the cars' heater provided kept them cozy through this rainy trip. It was until her mother took a quick glance at Coraline, she realized her daughter was awake.

Mel: Stay up, will ya'? We're already half way there.

Her mother returned her focus to the crossroad. Coraline rubbed her eyes. Every part of her wanted to defect her mother's orders and just return to sleep. She turned to look out her side window with her elbow resting on its sill, counting each drop of water that rammed the glass surface.

Mel:…You hear me?

Coraline: Yes! I wasn't sleeping…

She was just really bored. Mornings are usually like that for her, however, her mother thought otherwise.

Mel: You wouldn't be sleeping if you've only went to bed on time, like you're suppose to-

Coraline: Mom, please just stop, I get it!