Chapter Forty-Eight

Start from the beginning

His eyes softened as he caught her face in his hands to tilt to his. "I know you aren't fond of being Princess McKenna, but how strongly would you dislike being Queen McKenna?"

Her heart skipped a beat and her stomach did the oddest rollover. Her tongue seemed fused to the roof of her mouth as she stared up at him, trying to work it free. Finally, she did, but could only manage a whispered, "What?"

His thumbs moved lightly along her cheekbones. "He wishes me to step up, to claim the throne. I've finally proven my worth."

"Oh, Loki..." She couldn't not smile at the pride in his voice. "You were always worthy."

"Only in your eyes, love."

"No. Odin told me he was going to do this when you returned from Titan. He's thought you worthy for some time now, my love, and you will make a fine king." She gave him a squeeze. "And you have no idea how proud I am to be your queen, Loki."

He leaned over, brushed her lips with a light kiss, and whispered, "I love you, McKenna."

"I love you, too, Loki." She smiled up at him. "And I am not calling you King Loki."

The corners of his eyes crinkled as he grinned. "Not even once?"

"Maybe once, if I'm properly motivated."

His lips brushed hers again, his, "I'll motivate you more than properly, love," a breathless whisper before his kiss deepened.

She melted into him, parting her lips, her toes almost curling as his tongue met hers. He released her face to draw her into his arms. With a gentle tug, he pulled her down to the sand, where he pressed her back into the soft blanket beneath her. Covering her body with his, Loki eased a knee between her thighs. He broke the kiss to sweep his lips down over her throat, her eyes closing as the delicious sensations rippled through her.

As he moved down, he parted her blouse, slowly unbuttoning it to kiss his way down along her breastbone. His lips were warm, soft, and teasing, the tip of his tongue flicking against her skin, his teeth gentle as he nipped the inner curve of her left breast. She sucked in a sharp breath at the tingle shooting through her, her fingers slipping into his hair, twisting and holding on.

Her bra had a front clasp and Loki lifted his head to grin at her, his eyes dark and sparkling as he popped the clasp. He rose onto his right elbow, his left hand warm against her skin as he slowly slipped the satiny cup from her breast.

She bit down hard on her bottom lip as his smile turned feral. He held her gaze, the tip of his forefinger slowly circling about her nipple. Her breath was so difficult to catch when he looked at her that way, when he touched her that way. All she wanted to do was melt into him and wrap herself all around him.

Then he dipped down and her back bowed as his mouth replaced his fingertip and his tongue did the teasing instead. "Mmmmm...." she murmured, threading her fingers through his hair, stroking it with a lazy motion.

He kissed his way from her right breast to her left, then he moved down, over her belly, dipping his tongue into her navel, which brought a breathless laugh to her lips as another wild tingle shot through her.

That laugh died as he popped the button on her jeans and continued his slow, teasing exploration. He eased down, tugging her jeans, her thong, over her hips, down her thighs, to whisk them from her body.

His lips went from warm to hot as they swept along her inner thigh. She shivered as he nipped the ultra-sensitive skin, then shivered again as he grazed the same spot with the very tip of his tongue.

"Loki!" Her back bowed as the tip of his tongue moved to graze an even more sensitive part of her body. Fire shot through her at his first caress, and it blazed out of control as he continued his sensual torture. Her head spun, her hips rose to meet him, her heart raced as he brought her to the brink of amazing madness. The knots tightened deep within her and then, with the white flash of wicked fire, they burst and blazing pleasure surged through her.