CHAPTER 4|MEET CUTE

ASPEN'S POV

I woke to the sound of my annoying alarm, its 5:00 I needed to go the gym I went to type restroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before changing into my black gym outfit. 

I grabbed my water bottle and my key on my way out for my 20 minutes jog

I grabbed my water bottle and my key on my way out for my 20 minutes jog. I jogged back to the apartment gym to do my 40 minutes work out session. I usually come to the gym early to avoid weirdo but apparently today was not my luck day.  

"Hey beautiful what's up " I purposely adjusted my headphones to show him that I wasn't listening. " don't be a bitch it's not that deep. " I continued using the treadmill wile snubbing him hoping he would go away sooner "you are not even that beautiful to be feeling yourself like this " I didn't answer him and soon enough he went back to his friend who were now laughing at him.  "Poor thing".

I was done soon enough, and I went back to my apartment I headed to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast, I gave Silvia a week off to visit her family. I wanted to make a quick breakfast, so I decided to make breakfast egg wrap which only takes about 7 minutes to prepare. i ate and drank a cup of orange juice before going to shower. 

 ...........................................................................

Immediately I stepped into my office floor I saw Sophiee waiting outside the elevator with a kind of panicked look on her face she quickly got in with me "good morning, ma'am" "good morning, Sophiee what's wrong." " nothing is wrong I was just looking for you" she said handing me my morning coffee "thanks" I said before she said, " the billionaire is going to be present at the meeting not just his manager and personal assistant." "And how do you know that you can't just assume things from some baseless rumors " I said as I settled down on my chair."I saw him this morning, the bodyguard's downstairs are his and he is really attractive" she said before she could cut herself off.

"Okay so what if he is around there is no need to be nervous, he is just a guy isn't he Sophiee" "yes ma'am" she said while blushing sheepishly.  we both laughed together for a while before hearing a knock before the person opened the door. "Ms. Garcia Mrs. Tyndall sent for you " okay I said to the boss's assistant before following her all the way to the elevator.

I walked knocked before opening the door "I already prepped every........" I stop as I locked eyes with the familiar grey eyes emitting a very cold gaze. " Ms. Garcia good morning I called you to introduce you to the man you have been working hard for " a smirk was very evident on his face. He like putting me in an uncomfortable position.

Mr. Romano this is our production manager she has been working tirelessly to give maximum security and comfort with the information you were willing to share." he stands and walks towards me with his hands stretched outwards for a handshake I Shaked him as he said " Lucianno Romano nice to meet you.  with my hands still in his "I'm aspen Garcia nice to meet you I say trying to remove my hands from his "you look oddly familiar s Garcia " I nervously removed my hand from his "well I get that a lot Mr. Romano nice off you to notice , I'll take my leave now in preparation for the meeting everything's already sorted out " "wait " my boss said i looked at her silently questioning her "Mr. Romano will attend the meeting with us that's not a problem right Ms. Garcia "of course not don't worry I will sort everything out 

"So how come is Ms. Garcia your publishing manager all the other managers are well aged." I looked at him offended" I mean it's a compliment but how did she come to achieve it giving a very competitive employment rate." i looked at my boss waiting for her response "Ms. Garcia is a very smart and organized lady she graduated Stanford with a 4.0 GPA aspen is the definition of beauty and brains I can confidently live for a long period of time and trust aspen to keep the office running that why I employed her as the next highest position in my office I mean she runs the entire lower sector." that I had a good spot I Mrs. Tyndall's heart but I didn't think of it to be this big I kept my straight face still before she said "that will be all for now Ms. Garcia see you at the meeting she said before I left to my office.

...............................................................

after the meeting Mr. Romano still stayed and had meeting with Mrs. Tyndall and some of the other executives, while I was less busy Sophiee brought lunch for me, I thanked her, and she went back to working. I ate my lunch of chicken satay salad. 

After a very long day of work Sophiee was escorting me outside when I heard a familiar voice shouting "penny" i looked up from my phone to see Aziel he ran closer, and I hugged him before telling him " it was stressful and tiring "  "but I thought you were excited for it  " he said looking at me confused "my excitement died a long time ago Az I have stuff to tell you but not here " well that's great because I'm taking you for dinner to celebrate your successful pitch " thanks I say before going towards the car  he opens the door for me as I see Mr. Romano from a distance i quickly enter the car and we drive away.

----------------------------------------------

What would you like to order the waiter said looking at us "I'll take coconut shrimps for appetizers then braised chicken legs with grapes and fennel as the main course with dessert crepes for dessert and white Russian as my drink " then I turned to Aziel "I will take everything she is having but for drinks mine should be Moscow mule." okay I will bring them in shortly.

we ate as i told Aziel about my very awkward day "so it was kind of like a meet cute " I don't think, meeting you one stand at your office is cute" I said. we both laughed till people started looking at us, so we went outside before biding each other goodnight and going our separate ways.

-------------------------------------------

just in case you were wondering what aspens room looked like.

WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS CHAPTER THE NEXT POV IS LUCIANNO'S