Chapter 4 - The Meeting

"Huh?" Mocha blinked his eyes, his blurry vision started to clear out.

"How did I get here?"

"Whoa..." His mouth hung agape as he finally took in the unique scenery before him.

Mocha had transitioned into a strange location; he was in her world. Like a transparent realm existing attached to the earth, only available to certain eyes and power.

Naive about how he got there, really. He felt dizzy at first and then in the blink of an eye, he was here.

He was sitting on his knees, on the floor of the pinkish grass. The traveler was speechless with amazement as soon as he lifted his head, acknowledging that he was in a forest, but it appeared very off.

The forest was a breathtaking sea of crimson. Every shade of red imaginable adorned the leaves, while the tree trunks displayed a mix of greyish and blackish hues. Below the majestic trees, ruby bushes carpeted the ground, and scattered roses added splashes of vibrant color, creating a mesmerizing natural masterpiece.

"It is her?"

Beautifully uneasy, everything here seemed right at first glance. Like an eye-catching painting by an artist who lacks prepositions.

This might be a place where it could only be found in one's dreams or imaginations, which the traveler considered. The crimson forest might seem a bit mischievous. The sky made him a bit frightened, seeing it in pure carmine. It was too red to be called a sunset though, he was glad the clouds were still puffy white.

Mocha took several minutes to adjust himself, making sure he was not dreaming or seeing hallucinations. He slowly stood up, fixing his cape and his sling bag in position. His hazel eyes examined any danger or harm around him before he proceeded to walk. He felt this had something to do with a lady back there, she must've bought him here.

"What am I supposed to do now?" Mocha mumbled softly, he ambled his way while his small fingers caressed the red gem bushes. He picked a rose from the ground, pulling it from the soil that seemed so disturbed. Some of the roses even grew on the trunks and the ruby bushes, he wondered how it would be possible to do such things. The scent in the woods was only nauseating with roses.

"I guess she liked roses." He murmured, smelling the elegant spiky flower. Mocha's curiosity even heightened further, wondering what power could accomplish such a thing.

Floating chains, magics, powerful beings. Mocha thought he had figured out the secrets of the world during his lifetime traveling.

But now, he knew he had so much to learn, so much to know. As if he was immune to this newfound witchcraft before. Not that he never wondered why he was different, no. But the life he had now kept him occupied to seek his origins.

A sigh escaped from his lips as he began to think of further conspiracy, standing alone in the crimson forest.

But then, a high-pitched whistling was heard from the sky. The lost traveler once got distracted from his thoughts, he lifted his head to the sky as his ears stood tall. He witnessed an eagle, flying towards him in vigorous speed, with its big spread wings.

"An eagle...?" His shining hazel eyes squinted. "Is it coming towards me?"

Its presence became closer to Mocha, his cat-like senses alerted danger. His feline ears flattened against his head, creating a straight line that followed the contour of his skull. The pace of the eagle was too quick for Mocha to react. He seemed to freeze, like a statue. His eyes closed and held his arms to cover his head, bracing for the eagle's impact, foolishly.