𝟯𝟭. versus the unexpected

Începe de la început

"I.....I just wanted to win. I'm sorry." Ryan felt horrible about lying and cheating in the game but the others were relieved to know he didn't plant the bomb.

"Hey.....I'm proud of you." Spyder assured randomly. "And also relieved.....you were not trying to blow us all up." He brightly smiled, everyone nodding in agreement with him.

"Okay, well, that's everybody.....except Leo." Mark looked directly at the unsuspecting scientist.

"Wait, what? Me? Why would I.....I.....I would never blow up my own robot!" Leo pointed out in disbelief at the random accusation. The teens all glared at him as they stood up from the table.

"Thanks for thinking about not blowing us up either." Hana muttered sarcastically under her breath but he clearly caught it as he back tracked his statement.

"Or you guys.....Or you guys in it, as well." Leo fixed his last phrase of words. "Come on, I was in the workshop the entire time, remember? Doing upgrades! Upgrades!" He emphasized.

"Do you have any proof?" Harris demanded.

"Well, it's no embroidery station but I did install a neck massager on my chair and the paint should still be wet." Leo explained. "And I painted it.....red." He was very enthusiastic about the colour choice.

The teens knew it was best to check out Leo's room just to be sure they could rule out his innocence. They all got up from their seats and followed after the enthusiastic scientist back to his living quarters. He had an entire floor of the robot to himself as he needed somewhere to work but also live, as he was still on the run from the law. The teens stepped foot into the place and began to investigate.

"Okay, welcome to Casa de Leo!" The scientist introduced as he invited the group in. The place was nicely furnished and quite clean. "Don't go in my bedroom! Haven't made my bed." He warned.

"Ha-ha-ha! Here she is! Yeah, lookin' good." Leo pointed out. The chair he was speaking of sat right in the corner and it was indeed painted in a fresh coat of the crimson colour.

"Whoo! The, uh, paint fumes on that are a little bit toxic, so you might wanna hold your breath." Leo instructed to the teens, who were barely paying attention to him.

The teens were more caught up in investigating the contents of his room. He had a drawing station filled to the brim with rolled up drafts of new inventions. Spyder decided to be nosy and take a look at said drawings. He accidentally stumbled upon a draft page for a drawing of an eerily familiar as it looked exactly like the one that just tried to kill the group. Even Harris had discovered some pieces that were included in the construction of the bomb.

Spyder gasped loudly, gaining the older male's attention. "Don't have to hold it that much, it's a bit comical, a bit much." Leo joked.

"It was you." Mark announced.

"Wh......I......I didn't put those there!" Leo denied.

"Everything is here! Everything you would need to build that explosive!" Harris explained.

"Including this poster-sized schematic of the thing that almost blew us up!" Hana confirmed, holding up the drawing that they had found.

"Now you're.....Now you're.....Now you're closing in on me? This is actually happening?" Leo questioned in complaint when the group got closer to him. His back fearfully hit the wall when the teens were close.