Laughing, I say, "that sounds like more fun than what I'm doing."

"Would you stop freaking out over this? You're going to have a ball! And if you don't, I am going to crash this event and make you have fun. That or I'll pester Christian via cell phone. Now, chin up. I'm going to do your makeup and you need to be very still."

Complying to her demands, I let her pamper me for the next hour. My makeup is light, but it makes my eyes look bright. I smile at myself in the mirror, pleased with how I look. Victoria curled my hair so they lay in perfect bouncy curls. She made a bow out of my hair on the top of my head. It looks better than any hairstyle I have ever sported in my entire life. I have to hand it to her, she hasn't done cosmetology since she took the class in high school, but she is still so talented.

Victoria beams at me. "Look at you. God, I am a freaking genius. You look so hot!"

I laugh as she continues to examine her work. I slip into my dress and slide into my red heels. Victoria makes me pose for some pictures before the doorbell rings, signaling Christian's arrival.

"Wish me luck."

"You don't need luck with how awesome you look. Knock 'em dead!" she gives me a hug before escorting me to the door. "Oh!" she rushes into her room, "it's a masked ball, remember?"

She hands me a beaded black mask. I take it from her hands, thankful that she remembered that it was a masked ball. I had completely forgotten that that was the theme.

"You're a life saver."

Christian takes my hands in his when I step out into the hallway. "Anastasia, you look breathtaking."

I blush, "you don't look so bad yourself, Mr. Grey."

Christian opens the door for me. I look at him questioningly. He never has driven us before. Cole must have the night off. Which I'm glad he does; it doesn't seem like he has much spare time. I slide into the passengers seat, adjusting the seat belt to secure me. Making sure my dress doesn't get caught in the door, I swing my legs in sideways. Christian gets in, blasting on the air conditioner. My smile takes over my face as he turns up the music: Frank Sinatra.

The drive to the Grey house is basically me singing jazz music as the top of my lungs while earning a chuckle from Christian. Pulling into the driveway, the house is surrounded by top of the line cars. I feel like I arrived at some expensive car show. Stealing a nervous glance at Christian, he squeezes my hand in his. He opens my door for me, offering me his hand to take. Slipping on my mask, I realize he has a plain black one on too. We make our way to the backyard. A body guard stands outside of the gate.

Snazzy.

Christian and the body guard exchange pleasantries. Walking into the backyard, I feel like I stepped into a different world. Lights are hanging up along the trees. A large tent is pitched with multiple tables underneath it. There are about five hundred or so people scattered around the back yard. Gripping onto Christian's hand, we make our way to the front of the tent. Mr. and Mrs. Grey are greeting their guests. A band is set up on stage and there's a large dance floor outside of the tent. The tables are even beautifully decorated. Each table has a black table cloth with vibrant flowers in the center.

"Christian!" I see Mia running towards us in a long, red ball gown. Her hair is slicked back, making her look even more chic. She grabs him in a hug and then throws her arms around me. "Mom and Dad went all out this year."

Christian nods, looking distracted. I search his vantage point until my eyes settle on the one person I had hoped I wouldn't see. Elena is standing near Elliot in a tight, emerald color dress. Her hair is twisted into a chignon. Despite my indifference towards her, she, without a doubt, looks stunning. I swallow hard, sending laser beams her way. Mia then looks her way and she scrunches her nose. At least she feels the same way. I had thought Christian would still be upset with Elena after last time. Apparently I was wrong because he just excused himself. I watch him as he makes his way over to the devil herself.