The Truth

As the week goes on, the girls keep doing their job flawlessly with Y/N's help. Karina kept asking Y/N everytime she has the opportunity to, if he's feeling fine or not. The weekly inspection for Y/N at the hospital has been going well, Y/N has been taking care of himself quite well with the constant reminder from Karina.

aespa had a schedule overseas to film something. They were currently packing their stuffs at the dorm.

Y/N POV

I was currently at the office, finishing some paperworks that manager unnie gave me for the upcoming schedules. Then I heard my ringtone ringing which I picked up immediately not even caring about who called me.

"Hello?" I said while still doing my work.

"Jagiyaa, when are you coming back?" It was Karina's voice that greeted me.

"Oh it's you... My work's almost done here don't worry. I'll head back in a few minutes"

"Don't overwork yourself ok? We have a flight to catch tomorrow. You need to get some rest" She told me through the phone.

"Yes ma'am. You too go rest up, don't wait for me" I responded her.

"I won't, I'll be waiting for you. Byeee~ I love youu" She quickly said not allowing me to cut her words.

"Okok I'm packing my stuffs now. See you soon, love you too" I chuckled before ending the call.

Good thing I multitasked while I was calling her, I got my work done and was ready to go home.

I was currently waiting for the elevator door to open, and when it opened, there i saw the CEO standing alone.

"Oh Y/N! You're still here, I actually need to talk to you. It's quite important" The CEO spoke out.

"Just finished some work at the office. Yeah sure, I'm kinda free to talk now" I replied.

"Great! Let's talk at my office" he said as we headed towards his office. Our office was at the some floor.

We entered his office and sat down on the couch that was in the middle of his office.

"What was it you want to talk about?" I asked him after we settled down in the couch.

"Actually it's about you Y/N. I heard about your condition"

"Uhm yeah....what about it?"

"It's too big of a risk for you to be working in this condition. I personally wouldn't forgive myself if something very bad happened to you" The CEO said making me confused.

"Did you know your father was the one who recommended you to work here?" He asked me.

"M-my father?! How? Why?" I had a lot of questions in my mind at that time.

"Let's just say he's a valuable asset to the company. I owe him big time and offering you this job can't even make up to his doings"

"He personally gave me your phone number and email which we used to send you the recruitment form" he continued.

"H-he never told me that..." I softly voiced out, feeling sad. My father never got the chance to see what I have become now with his help.

"Yeah and enough of that. I care about your health Y/N, from now on, the other managers will be doing most of your work. Your job now should be just accompanying the girls to their schedule and watch over them"

"Don't worry, the other managers understand your situation" He assured me.

"Thank you" I said as I bowed to him. "May I know what my father did to you to the point that you don't mind helping him?" I asked the CEO.