13

My head pounds as I open my eyes, my body feels like I've been hit by a truck. I reluctantly open my eyes, seeing a blurry concrete wall. A groan escapes my lips as I turn my head seeing other cells along the wall across from me, where people are sitting but I can't hear them or see them clearly.

Blinking rapidly, I try to regain my focus and then I hear muffled voices, only adding up to the pounding headache that I already has.

"Can you sit up?"

"My head is pounding, give me a minute." The voices subside and I close my eyes yet again, focusing on taking deep calming breaths. That shithead who took me here, allowed my head to hit whatever was in the way and he even dropped me down the remaining steps of a staircase. After that I assume I blacked out because I can't remember anything. The sedative they used wore off sooner than anticipated and hence the rough treatment.

I turn around, looking at the other people in the cells. It's everyone who walked into the office building with me. They're all looking worriedly at me.

"I'm fine, where are Jacob, Randy and Mary-Ann?" I look among them and when none of them answers I assume the worst.

"Please don't tell me they're dead?" Darren shakes his head and Amber looks caringly at me.

"We don't know but I don't think they've killed them yet. Same goes for us. What did he tell you? The man from the office?" I sit up against the wall, looking at my wrist which has handcuffs around them, and they're glowing a red color.

"He had a shitty idea to treat us like guard dogs and help around only when he wants to, and we had to agree to his terms." I spit out, and I'm yet again reminded of how he thinks of us. We are below him, little does he know we are so far above.

"His terms consisted of us staying in our rooms and the small common area, we wound not be allowed outside if we're not going to work for them. We'll have power dampers on at all times, which will be developed in time. I assume they already got some on test runs because I can't access mine." Jody's face instantly falls at my words, and I look at my wrists. It itches and I feel like a needle is pricking my skin. I look at it, to find a small needle looking thing poking my skin.

"Or maybe they've just found someone that are poisonous to us, that would be great." I state, sarcasm lacing my every word. I get several worried looks instantly which warms my heart. They care about me, more than anyone else ever cared about me.

"Have you come up with a plan yet?" Amber looks down which makes me think that they don't.

"How about one of you just break out of this shithole. Frees the rest and we just make a run for it? You know, killing everyone in the way and just go with the flow? Our last plan just went down the drain anyway, no need to calculate another and using up precious time, right?" Jody, and Jeremy smile at my words, suppressing a laugh which they're both failing miserably at might I add.

"Are you sure? Killing people is bad." I shrug my shoulders.

"Wouldn't be a first. Besides, what else are we supposed to do. They'll just keep chasing us and capture us. They don't care about us anymore, other than to use us like some tool for their own gain. What are we supposed to do? Let them throw us around like some rag dolls?" Darren shakes his head looking left and right at the rest of them.

"Okay, so how about this? We use mine and Jody's magic or Darren's electricity. Jody and I can release us, and Darren can use his electricity to take off Emily's cuffs because I think they're modified."

"You're not as dumb as you look Jeremy." Austin comments and I can't help but smile.

"What are we waiting for, come on get to work." Jody uses a bit more time than Jeremy to get a good grip on her magic, but when she does she and Jeremy work quick. They release Darren pretty fast so that he can work on mine. I hold them out to him and he cracks up some electricity between his hands and sends them towards my hands.

On instinct I close my eyes, in fear of getting hurt. I guess some things never change. Hearing a soft click, I look down and the modified handcuffs falls off my hands and I smile up at Darren.

"Thank you, now does anyone know where to go?" I look around, seeing that everyone is now freed from their cells.

"I think we should look for Jacob, Randy and Mary-Ann first. We have no idea where they are or what they could possibly do to them now that you told them no to the small offer they had. They want to control us, they fear us. Let's give them something to be afraid of? Huh." I smile, it might sound evil but with everything that we've been thought the last couple of days, hell even months can anyone really blame us for it? I think not.

"Okay, how about we just stay together this time? No splitting up and abandoning each other okay? We're stronger together anyway." The others seem to agree with me, so I make up my mind where to go first. We're basically going in blind here. None of us know where they are or any other possibilities of where they could have been taken. I'm just hoping with all I have that they're still alive.

Running down the halls, things blowing up left and right. Guards fighting each other thanks to Austin, other's getting knocked out by Jody or Jeremy. We run past a map, and I stop looking it over for the red dot telling me where we are. I'm assuming they're not in the cells because we just came from them. The lab would be my next guess, so I take off running towards the labs, hoping to find them both alive and well.