11

After I managed to catch my breath we all agreed to the new pair of teams to get into the building. The main building. It's not far from our current position and shouldn't take up too much time. We still have the benefit of the night to shield us form sight.

Me, Amber, and Jeremy are sneaking alongside some buildings. Hoping to get there without being caught. The other team with Austin, Darren and Jody went with another route, making the group smaller and easier to go without being spotted. The smaller the number the easier it is snaking past the guards.

"That's the building right?" I ask, eyes the big concrete building in front of me. It has a lot of big glass windows, making it look rather new, and I assume it wasn't there before this all started. If they used half as much resources on the pandemic as they used on their safe zones not being able to old even half the population, a lot of more people would've been saved.

"Yep, shall we?" Amber says, a smirk playing at her lips. I nod and we emerge from the shadows. Ready to be seen by everyone.

Once we get thought the doors alarms go off and guards rush out the doors, pointing their guns at us. Out hands are up in the air faster than you can imagine.

"Who are you?" one of them asks and I have to hold back a snort. "Run our faces thought your system. It'll be interesting." I smile as they do sa we say, running out faces through the system and getting up our identities among that lays our color assignment.

The guns are loaded and ready to shoot. I smile, taking brake step forward.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. With one flick of my wrist I could have this whole Safe zone leveled with the ground." Truth be told I can not do that, and that would also result in me dying and I certainly don't want that, but they don't need to know that.

"What do you want?" one of them asks. Darren lowers his arms like I did when I took a step forward and now all the guns are pointed at him instead of me. "I'd like to come up with a compromise," He starts but is cut off by the door opening yet again, Austin's team walking in in cuffs and blindfolds by another guard team.

"Shit." I curse, low enough for only Darren which is beside me to hear. He nudges me in the direction of Jody, and I take the hint, making a run for it, and jabbing her hood off her head. Her eyes dart across the room, before everyone is unfueled in a blue mist and falls to the floor.

"Did you kill them or?"

"Not quite, they're in a sort of coma. They won't wake up without a spall which only me o Jeremy can cast." I nod before grabbing the keys from one of them and releasing them from their hand cuffs, while Amber has already taken off their hoods.

"Let's go, grab their guns and follow the plan. It's going great so far." I feel like the leader, even though I think it's Austin, because he always repeats my words and gets them to do it for us. He's also always reassuring everyone about everything and being there for them. He's definitely the leader, even thought this might be my mission.

I grab one of the guns, holding it tightly in my hand as I check how many bullets is left before I pull the safety off. I feel more like I'm in a move, than this being real. Somehow thought, I still have an understanding that if I die tonight, I'll be dead. Like really dead, hart stopping dead.

Slowly creeping against the wall, we make out way up the stairs of this massive building. I stop once I realize I don't remember which floor to go to. One of us were supposed to check out the blueprint at the entrance. I turn to face the other, finding Darren right behind me.

"Did you look at the blueprints?" he nods, pointing towards the big numberplate by the door, which indicates which floor you're on. We're currently on the fifth floor.

"We're going to the twelfth. Hopefully we'll find the computer in there. It was labeled as office so I'm not entirely sure, I could be wrong." I nod my head in confirmation before continuing up the stairs.

To our luck there was none in the stairwell. I'm happy that I didn't have to use the gun. Opening the door I freeze, when what sounds like fifty guns being loaded and an equal amount of red sniper dots are pointed mainly towards me, because the others are currently standing behind me, some still in the stairwell.

"Well, isn't this just great." A snarky voice sounds from the back of the guarded men. I scoff, earning a chuckle as a man in his early fifties emerge from behind all of them.

"I never would've thought I would ever see so many of you all at one place." I roll my eyes at his antics.

"You know that with our compared abilities, we will beat all of your asses." I spit and he has the audacity to laugh, so I make one of the desks explode, that included one of the guy's arm, which I had no intention of doing. I mentally curse at myself for my lack of focus in the current situation. I could've hurt my teammates. My family.

"Would you look at that, the last red in the world." He locks eyes with me, and I know by the warmth flowing thought them that they're glowing in a dangerous red color.

"I would advise against riling her up, she's blown more people to pieces than there are people in the room." Austin spits from behind me somewhere. I don't dare to turn around and look. My eyes stop glowing when I manage to control it, and I speak up once again.

"That's not important, we just need to have a little talk if you'd mind." He nods, then the guard's stream forward, and before I even have the time to realize what's happening. Austin and everyone else in the room except me and him are cleared. The whole building rumbles as I watch them get dragged away.

"I would advise against that, I'm coming up with a proposition." I force myself to control it but can't seem to get the red color of my eyes to die down, so I give up.

"I'm listening." He gives a wide wicked smile that makes a cold shiver travel down my spine. I hate people like him, only and think they know the answer to everything, and have the power of the world.

"Follow me. We'll talk in my office." I'm reluctant to following him but decides to go with it for now. I can always blow him up if I don't like the offer. Him and all of his other folks that are currently threatening my new founded family.

Survivors of The PandemicOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara