Chapter 4 ~ Don't!

Star jumped of the tree and ran towards Tala and fell to her knees.
"Tala! Tala! Are you okay? Answer me please?" Star asked scared.
Tala opened her tear full eyes and sat up but the pain in her thigh was excruciating.
"Tala, your bleeding badly!" Star looked at the deep wound.
"We need help!"
Tala tried to stand but her leg wouldn't let her.
"Star, get me to the unicorn. Quickly!" Tala groaned.
"Why?" Star asked.
"I can save her." Tala answered.
Star grabbed Tala's arm and pulled her to her feet with many cries of pain.
Star steadied Tala and very slowly started walking towards the dying unicorn.
Tala dropped to the ground, she was almost ready to pass out from the pain.
Tala grabbed the unicorn's leg and pulled herself closer to the wound.
Placing her finger in her bite mark on her thigh, Tala stained her finger with her blood and brushed it over the unicorn's deep wound and spoke softly,
"Adí andinao, malane concíno." (Spare this dying creature.) (I made up a new language! :) )
Tala leaned over and kissed the wound, and slowly the wound began to fix its self quickly. Soon the only proof that a wood was there was a small scar. The unicorn stood up immediately and pranced around happily.
"Her coat is silver, she is very rare." Star states in awe.
Tala looked into the unicorn's eyes. Gold eyes, lined with silver looked back at Tala with gratitude. Tala tried to stand up but fell back to the ground and cried out.
"Tala!" Star cried.
"I don't think I can walk." Tala sighed.
The unicorn nuzzled Tala with her nose.
"Boy are you beautiful! Would you mind doing me a favor?" Tala asked the unicorn.
The unicorn snorted happily.
"I think she understands you!" Star laughed and Tala smiled.
"I injured my leg and now I can't walk, would you mind if I rode on your back?" Tala asked sadly.
The unicorn shook her head and both girls laughed.
"Thank you." Tala stroked the unicorn's nose.
Tala grabbed the unicorn's neck and pulled herself up trying hard not to scream. Star helped Tala to the unicorn's side and helped push her up. Tala looked down at her thigh and quickly looked away before she got sick.
"Man, another pair of leggings ruined." Tala frowned.
Star jumped behind Tala and grabbed a handful of mane and squeezed the unicorn's side letting her that it's okay to move forward.
"Tala leaned against the unicorn's neck and whispered.
"I think I'll call you Vespera, meaning evening star...."
Vespera snorted, she seemed happy with the name. It fit her perfectly.

*************************************

Eric walked quietly but swiftly, sneezing around the castle was hard. He was trying to avoid his father. He knew the king would ask him about Tala and he would have to lie, but how?
Ideas kept popping back into his head but since Eric was very bad at lying he knew that he couldn't pull it off.
Slapping his head, Eric was mad at himself! He couldn't come up with a decent plan!
Eric walked passed a long doorway, and he could hear muffled voices coming from it. The voices didn't grab his attention until he heard, 'Tala'. Like a curious child Eric placed his ear to the door and tried to make out what the voices were saying.
"She has escaped sir." Someone spoke.
"What! How has she escaped?" Eric could tell was his father's voice.
"I'm not sure. But I saw her outside with that new blonde haired maid." The voice spoke again.
"Send a search party! They may not return till they find Tala and Star! If they cross the barrier my whole plan will be ruined!" The king yelled.
Eric panicked........what plan........was it really that big of a deal if Tala went to the other side..........it made no sense.
The door Eric was leaning on opened and caught Eric in surprise as he fell to the floor with a thud.
"Ouch!" He groaned.
"Eric! How long have you been there? How much did you hear?" The king demanded.
"Calm down.....I was just........walking by." Eric stuttered.
"He's bluffing!" A guard yelled.
Eric stood up but when he did the guard pulled his hands behind his back.
"Let go of me! You don't have permission to do this!" Eric yelled at the guard.
"I do have permission!" The guard bellowed.
"From who? Father stop this nonsense!" Eric cried.
"I have permission from the king himself." The guard smirked.
"Father-"
"Eric," the king laughed. " I am not your father."
"What?" Eric stopped struggling.
"You have been deceived." The king smirked.
"Lock him up!" The king yelled as he walked threw the door.
"Wait get back here! You can't just tell me your not my father and walk away! What kind of sick person are you?" Eric screamed.
"I have to warn Tala." Eric whispered to himself.
Spinning around Eric punched the guard in the jaw causing him to loose his grip. But three more guards appeared and pinned Eric down. Eric is very strong but unfortunately not strong enough to fight three grown men. Eric struggled greatly but one the guards whacked him on the back of his head with the handle of his axe.
"You.......can't..........do........this." Eric struggled to say.
"I just did!" The guard laughed.
The corner of Eric's eyes grew dark until it spread to the rest of his pale eyes, not letting him see a thing.

*************************************

The pain in Tala's leg was unbearable. Vespera had picked up speed which made the ride even more unbearable.
Tala became sick to her stomach and started sliding off Vespera's back. Star quickly grabbed Tala and pulled her back up.
"Vespera, Tala needs to rest a little." Star told the unicorn.
Vespera stopped and Star slid off and slowly pulled Tala down and lead her over to a tree to sit down.
Tala's blood had stained most of her legging and some blood got onto Vespera's silver fur.
Tala wasn't really able to move or talk or anything. Her face was white and her eyes had glossed over. Star placed her hand on Tala's forehead and squealed.
"Tala! You're burning up!"
Tala looked at Star with sad eyes then she closed them and her breath grew short. Star looked around looking for a creek or pond or something with water it to cool Tala down.
Star spotted a little spring with running water.
"Perfect!" Star exclaimed.
Star took one last look at Tala then she jumped up and ran over to the spring. Dipping her hand into the cool water, star took off one of her socks and soaked it with water and lightly wrung it out. Star stood up and started running back to Tala, but a strong hand grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back and Star let out a scream. Star kicked the person in the shin but that only made the person thigh ten their grip.
"Ouch!" Star screamed.
All of a sudden the hand let go and the person backed up.
Star rubbed her wrists and screamed, "Who the hell do you think you-" Star stopped when she saw a familiar masculine face.
"Mark? W-what are you dong here?" Star smiled
"We came looking for you when you had gone missing for more than 4 days." Mark explained.
"We?"
"I wouldn't let Mark come alone so I just tagged along with him." Another boy said.
"Oh that's so sweet of you Will!" Star blushed.
Will smiled back, and Mark looked at Star then back at his best friend and smiled on of those I-know-what's-going-on-here smiles.
Star remembered Tala and cried.
"Thank the Lord you guys are here! My friend is about to die from a wolf bite!"
"What!" Mark looked worried.
"We were attacked by wolves and she protected me but a wolf snuck up behind her and bite her leg really bad, and she's not looking to good!" Star explained.
"Can we help?" Will asked.
"Yes!"
Star ran back over to Tala and placed the wet sock on her head. Tala didn't move in response and that sacred her.
Then Star remembered something.
"Mark freeze!" Star jumped up and ran back toward Mark.
"Why?" He asked.
"Because I know once you see her, your gonna want to kill her." Star said.
Mark's expression went cold.
"Why?"
"Because......well.....she's.......a pureblood." Star whispered the last part.
Mark thought a little bit but the tone of his voice didn't change.
"So?"
"Well you see she's not a normal pureblood......she's a....well how do you put it.....umm....."
"For crying out loud! Just tell me!" Mark got impatient.
"The princess." Star closed her eyes hoping Mark wouldn't get it.
But Mark walked right passed Star and over to where Tala was practically dying.
"Mark, come on don't do anything!" Star pleaded.
Mark looked over at Will and nodded to him.
Will looked sad, but walked over to Star and grabbed her and covered her eyes and held her next to him.
"Will let go of me! Mark stop it!" Star screamed.
Mark grabbed an arrow from his quiver and loaded his arrow in his bow and raised it slowly.
"This is for my father and sister! Your father killed them out of cold blood! I will kill you so he will know what I felt." Mark told her.
"My f-father d-doesn't e-even c-care I-I d-die." Tala struggled.
"Stop trying to save yourself!" Mark growled.
"Mark stop it, don't kill her!" Star screamed.
Mark held his bow tight and said,
"Sorry Star."
And shot.

A/N ~ The picture at the top is Vespera. Hope you liked it! :)