Prologue

*Wattpad is the first draft which includes many mistakes and is not the best writing in the world. This trilogy is planning on being published into books, so read the book when it comes out for a much better story.*

All rights reserved
Mature content includes- violence and some light language.
********************************

A small girl ran through the dark forest, jumping over roots in the ground and rocks that stood in her path. She didn't care where she was going as long as it was far away from home.
She was furious with her parents. She was the daughter of the pureblood vampires, which made her mother and father the queen and king.
Her parents told her never to cross the barrier to the other lands, for she may never come back -alive.
The little girl was only about 6 years old. She wore a blue dress that stopped at her knees, with a black cloak to shield her from the cold wind. She was very tall for her age, taller than most. She had blood red hair that was loosely tied into a French braid that was held together by little blue and white flowers. Her skin was as white as snow, with ice blue eyes.
Warm silver tears ran down her face and her hands clenched as fists. Even though she was young she was taught to use a bow with diamond arrows, only diamond arrows could kill a vampire.
Most vampires don't learn the art of the bow before 13, but things have changed. Enemies have been trespassing more and more.
The young princess had a white bow, strung with silver unicorn hair and 16 diamond arrows.
She ran so far and so fast that the trial was disappearing fast, but she didn't care. All she could think about was what her father had told her.
"You may never cross the barrier and if you do, don't count on seeing the sunlight again!" He had screamed at her.
It was her dream to one day cross the barrier and be in an unknown land.
But she was a faithful daughter, and always listened to her parent's warning.
Before her mother died she made her promise to never cross the barrier. And she did.
She kept running and wiping away the tears from her blood shot eyes. The light was getting dimmer and dimmer with each step she took and the forest seemed to swallow her more.
The ground was moist and caved in a little when the little girl stepped on it causing her to fall over and cut her knee.
The girl shrieked in pain and tried to stand back up but failed.
She tore a piece off of her midnight cloak and wrapped it around her knee, and slowly stood up and brushed the mud off her dress.
The girl became more upset when she realized that she was lost and didn't know the way back. But soon stopped crying and took a look around.
She looked around the unfamiliar place but stopped in pure awe when her eyes landed on a certain object.
A 40ft. Purple translucent barrier stood in front of her. It was as long as the eye could. The girl stood wide-eyed in fear and wonder. She stepped forward toward the barrier, wondering if this was the barrier her parents spoke of.
She moved forward again but stopped and placed her hand inches from it but before she could touch it a voice called to her from the other side making her jump back.
"Didn't your parents tell you never to cross this barrier?"
The girl filled with fear stepped back again but tripped over a root and fell back. Her hood fell from her head revealing her blood red hair.
Red eyes appeared from the other side, they seemed to be searching her. The voice broke the silence saying,
"I thought all the pureblood vampires. died in the battle, but maybe a few survived."
"H-how d-did you k-know I was a p-pureblood?" The girl asked scared.
"Your blood red hair, and ice blue eyes. Not hard to tell." The voice replied.
The girl stood up and tried to make her voice sound strong, but failed.
"Show yourself!"
The voice chuckled and slowly a thin figure stepped out of the shadows.
A young boy only about the age of seven looked at her with piercing red eyes.
He had blonde hair and his clothes were of royalty, he probably was a prince.
He was young but had the voice of a mighty king. Like the young girl he carried a bow with arrows.
"My father said your kind was horrific looking." The girl spoke.
"Well am I?" He asked.
"N-no." The girl blushed.
"Your father has told you about my kind?" The boy questioned.
"Yes, he did." The girl answered.
"As did mine." The boy added.
There was a long awkward pause.
"What is your name?" The boy asked to break the silence.
"My name is-" the girl was cut off by sudden sound of horses in the distance.
The girl dashed behind the tree but a scout had already seen her.
"She's over here my lord!" He called.
A man dressed in royal clothes, riding a white horse came running over to the girl.
"Tala! What are you doing here?" He bellowed.
"I was just-"
"I don't want to hear it!" The king looked over and saw the boy on the other side.
"Who is he?!"
"A friend!" Tala said.
"What did I tell you about coming here! Wait never mind I don't want to hear a sound out of you!" He cried.
The king grabbed his daughter and put her on his horse. The king turned back to the boy and gave his a dirty look. The soldiers took of back towards the castle with the king in front of them.
Tala looked back at the boy and waved, he waved back but he was already out of sight. She thought to herself, 'I'm never going to see him again.'
The king threw Tala in her room and locked the door, she was never aloud to come out unless told to. The last thing he told her was,
"If you see another vampire like that, aim and fire!"

A/N ~ this is my first story! Any suggestions? I know vampires are killed with wooden things, but I wanted to make it original :)