Chase the Stars

𝄃 𝄞♬♪ 𝄂
This is my destiny
(My-y-y destiny)
This is my moment
(My-y-y chance to be free)
I need to chase the stars
Shi-i-ining down on me
𝄃 𝄞♬♪ 𝄂

Finally, it felt as though everything had died down. Alex wanted everything to go just a little slower so he would get the chance to take it all in while it happened. Yet, he still felt as though some things were catching up with him a year or two later. Sometimes, he didn't believe they'd played at the Orpheum or at Coachella or gotten signed by Destiny Management. He forgot all about the times they were locked in Caleb's club or, if he remembered, sometimes he forgot when they happened.

But, that wasn't important at this moment. He wanted to thank Hugh for empowering him with the confidence and abilities to free Willie from Caleb's club. And, because of that, they had locked up Caleb. It didn't feel like it was a couple weeks past that already, yet it was. Eleven days had already passed and he wouldn't let another one go without visiting Hugh.

"Hey, Alex. What are your plans for the day?" Reggie asked, his head hanging off the edge of the couch in sheer boredom. "I need something to do and Luke is providing zero entertainment."

"I'm not going to be much better. I'm going to visit a friend. Why don't you go see your girlfriend?" Alex suggested. He didn't want company for his visit with Hugh. Poofing away would be the only way to evade Reggie and his clear boredom with his life. Why didn't he go visit another country or try to compose a song or something like that?

Alex, in his usual attire of a sweatshirt and light jeans, walked up to Hugh's door. He didn't feel nervous for the first time ever. It felt freeing, though, not to be riddled with anxiety while attempting to do something normal. He always hated the feeling and revelled in the fact that he didn't experience it for the first time. Knocking three times on the door, he waited for Hugh to show up and, maybe, let him in.

"Hello, Alex. To what do I owe this surprise?" Hugh asked, before noticing the stack of books that were in Alex's arms. He nearly forgot them—and had summoned them in the moments after knocking and Hugh opening the door. "Ah, yes. I forgot about the books I lent to you. Please, come in."

"I came to return these books and to thank you for everything." Alex followed him inside to his living room, setting the books back in their spots on the bookshelf. It was clear that he hadn't attempted to reorganize them after giving Alex six of them. The huge hole was evidence enough.

"There is no need to thank me. What you did was your achievement and your achievement alone. All I did was allow you to connect the dots a little quicker." Alex didn't see it that way. Without Hugh, Alex would've always thought he was less powerful than his friends. He would've thought he and his friends were targeted by Caleb for no reason other than because Caleb was greedy.

"I want to thank you for showing me that I could do more with my powers than I ever thought possible." Alex looked Hugh straight in the eyes. "You are the reason Caleb is now in a ghost prison and he can never get out."

"What?" Hugh couldn't believe it. He had wished for this day for a long time. He remembered the first day he saw the evil in Caleb.

Hugh stood next to Caleb, admiring the beautiful sunset off the coast of Los Angeles. It'd been a few years since Caleb became a ghost and asked for Hugh's assistance. They were both in nice shirts and slacks, blending in with the general population. He rather enjoyed spending time with Caleb. Their passion for using their magic brought them together and their love of clubs and nightlife kept it that way

"This is the life," Hugh sighed, enjoying the peace that washed over them both. The silence was nice, too, especially with how busy and loud Los Angeles got.