Old School (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"NO! No...thanks" Jake yelled, sitting better in his chair.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amy wanted to see what Y/n had done with the glass, so she found an excuse to follow her to the bathroom.

"Y/n? Are you here?" she asked, looking into the bathroom through the ajar door.

"Amy? Yeah! Coming" Y/n shouted from behind the door.

"What did you do with the glass?" Amy exhorted, entering the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

"Oh? Nothing. I threw what was in it down the toilet" she admitted, pointing it.

"Ugh. You should have given Jake it. Why are you all of a sudden defending him? We usually teased him together" Amy interrogated, sounding confused, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't know" she replied, with a nervous tone.

Amy raised her eyebrows indicating that she didn't believe her.

"Ugh. Ok. It's just...yesterday, when he called me he didn't just tell me some information about polar bears..." Y/n sighed, not looking at Amy.

"And...? What did he say?" Amy curiously asked, getting closer to Y/n.

Y/n backed away, and turned her gaze to Amy "he muttered something, like, that he liked me more than a friend, that his life would be empty without me, and many other things...".

"What?!" Amy shouted, raising her eyebrows in surprise and throwing her arms in the air.

"Sssh! Don't shout!" Y/n whispered, placing a hand over her mouth.

"Mmh! Ok, I'm sorry!" Amy took Y/n's hand out of her mouth and tried to whisper.

"I don't know what to do! I don't think he remembers" Y/n pulled away from Amy and sat on the toilet.

"Are you sure you want to sit there? I don't think it's-" Amy made a disgusted face but was interrupted by Y/n "Amy! I don't care!"

"Ok-sorry. Let's talk about this problem" Amy said, lowering herself to the level of Y/n to face her.

"Do you think it's a problem?" Y/n asked, looking Amy in the eyes and resting her face on her hands, while his elbows rested on her thighs.

"It's only a problem if you don't like him back. Do you like him?" Amy interrogated, placing a hand on Y/n's knee.

"I don't know, we've been friends for so long. I do not know what to think" Y/n sighed, scratching her eyes.

"If he doesn't remember, don't bring it up again. Think about it and maybe, if you think you like him, tell him" Amy suggested, smiling lightly and massaging her knee.

"Yeah, you're right... thanks Amy" Y/n chuckled and hugged her.

"Don't worry about it. I won't tell Charles or all of Brooklyn will know" Amy muttered in Y/n's ear, laughing.

"Yeah, please" Y/n laughed back.

"I think we should go" Amy stood up and held out her hand to help Y/n.

Y/n took it and thanked her, they came out of the bathroom.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amy and Y/n returned to their respective desks and sat down. Jake, as soon as he saw them coming, he murmured "Oh, why did I do this?", holding stack of reports in hand.

Amy pulled out her cell phone, "according to your text, you were having 'the beef light of my loaf'" she read.

"What? No, no. Why did I use this algorithm?
We're only tracking people who use the stolen cards. They might not be the same as the ones who stole them. Here, switch seats with me" he told Y/n, getting up from his seat, as she did the same.