All About Business

Good girls are indeed bad girls that never get caught.

In the midst of having the worst dreams a bachelor could wake up from, William escaped from his night daydreams. He quickly got up from the couch he had spent the night and quickly grabbed the remote to shut the tv up.

"What in the world," he muttered under his breath, gently massaging the side of his neck to ease the tension, "Why did I dream about Cas, and... did that jerk really win her over?"

He had been battling with himself to why Cassandra never chose him. Only one answer was correct but he seemed not to want to accept it, his ego. He knew most women disliked his ego and regardless of how many blind dates he went, he made sure he showed the females his worst side. No one could keep up with his ego, even Cypher, his bestfriend got tired of him sometimes. But with Cassandra, it was different. She seemed to understand William to a greater extent. She knew when to joke around and knew the right words to tell him whenever he failed to win a case. Maybe that's why he liked her, she had a soft spot for him. However, that is the dark truth about love. You cannot call it love when the feeling is not mutual and that is where maturity taps in. Letting go of someone you want because they want to be with someone else is the most underrated maturity act.

William withdrew himself and made his way to take a shower. After he was done, he worked on some food in the kitchen before getting to his everyday task; his job.

He gently rinsed clean his dishes and wiped the counter before heading to his home installed office where he usually brainstormed his paperwork in. Since he was free, he decided to finish up with his coming up case. He laid himself at his desk and began scrolling down the neatly packed files that where on his desk.

"This has to be the worst case of them all," he complained as he continued to scan the papers and the pictures he had on his table. Something wasn't adding up according to the amount of evidence he had, "I cant even charge this asshole with murder when I am sure that he committed it." He groaned pushing his head back as he let himself drawn into his thoughts, "I should have declined this."

Sam Peterson, a freshman, had been accused of slaughtering his girlfriend but no evidence aligned to actually killing her. There was little to as low of no evidence at the crime scene and this left the authorities devasted. He had been set free from jail once they found no evidence to evict him which made the media along with the people wild. Hard cases like these required expertise but even with William whom his boss bragged about found this case devastating and brain wrecking.

"How can a freshman be this clean with evidence, gosh," he exhaled, scrabbling onto his tiny piece of paper, "I should have chose being a lawyer because what is this."

He continued for a few more minutes before diversing his attention back to his phone which was now ringing.

"Hello?" He said, as soon as the call connected.

"William?" Cypher quickly answered.

"Man. Why am I a prosecutor?" He asked sarcastically making Cypher giggle, " You know Peterson?"

"Yeah yeah," Cypher immidietly got in sync, "I heard of the story. Didnt they release him some time last week?"

"They did but the public isnt happy. The girlfriend's family isnt even playing. They have been demanding justice at our law firm and it's driving me nuts."

"Work hard." Cypher chuckled before diverging back to his real story, "Do you wanna grab a beer?"

"No I am not in the mood. I am losing my mind right now."

"Oh. The reason I called was to ask if you got an invitation?"

"An invitation? From who?"

"You are joking right," Cypher lips curved into a smirk, "Cassandra is getting married." He brought down into laughter which left William speechless, "I can't believe this. When I heard the news, you are the first person I thought of. I always told you Wil, change how you act bec-"