II - First Contact ~ Hostile Wildlife

Somewhere in the northeast of Atlas, and somewhere in the snows, a massive meteor approached a clearing, one surrounded by Pines and such..
This was no such meteor, but rather a massive structure from somewhere in the cosmos. A core from the Sharded.

More of the Boosters below the core activated, preventing the massive cubical building from crashing to the ground below, and with careful actions and computing efforts here and there, the core had finally landed

It is still just the same as that of Serpulo's iconic cores, albeit with darker metal and a much more different stripings.
It starts to build something from above the core, projecting some sort of massive drone or ship in the process.

Thunn

And with a sound the construction of the Core's personal ship is complete. And who's controlling the ship you ask? The only AI of the Sharded.

...

It scanned it's surroundings, flying around as fast as possible with greater speeds compared to the Sharded's Serpuloan air units. It looked at the trees, rocks, the snow, and anything that would possibly help it.

Ah.. There was no copper, no lead, no anything? Anything that is visible on the surface? What a shame. If you don't know why this AI is upset, Serpulo always had tons of ores such as copper, lead, coal, titanium or thorium exposed on it's surface, and it was neverending. They had technologies that could endlessly mine these exposed ore veins for who knows how long. But the fact that there are no exposed ore veins around the surroundings upsetted the AI.

But the core did a examination of the sector they landed on didn't it? It detected copper, lead, rich raw iron and a new unknown material that they have yet to drill out..

If they're right, if looks like most of the minerals and resources are underground.

..

There are no nearby ruins that the AI could excavate and use for their trip. They always relied on existing Derelict Ruins or their database to research new buildings for mining stuff or producing specific materials..

...Ah, guess there's only one option left, modify an existing blueprint. Specifically some of the blueprints for their drills, their predecessor did the same thing didn't they? Or he could create a new blueprint?

Too time consuming, guess they could focus on modifying the existing blueprints instead, and use it to mine out the resources underground I suppose.

...

New Content Unlocked!
Basic Deep Drill
- When placed underneath an underground ore vein, Outputs items at a slow pace indefinitely, only capable of mining basic resources

Pneumatic Deep Drill
- An improved deep drill, capable of mining more advanced resources at a faster pace than the Basic Deep Drill.

There, that should do. Now that's out of the way, the AI can now focus on the important part, building a base! Maybe this could serve as their base head of operations in this unknown planet before they finally launch off to a sector suitable to be the main head of operations.

Now then
The ship that the AI currently controls is capable of two things: to build and to heal

The build part is how this AI will set up a base for them to survive in, by using the resources that they brought and packed into the core from Serpulo, they're able to build practically anything whevener they want, but this packed resource is finite and thus will run out if the AI uses up too much of it while building stuff so the advance buildings can wait for the future.