060 | our happier chapter

Start from the beginning

"mh," she softly laughed.

".. Do you think we should explain to everyone why I left tour?" he turned to face her again after a few seconds of silence.

"what part of it?"

"I don't know.. I feel like people won't believe the Kenzie thing.. and I don't really wanna share that the band and I were constantly fighting cause like.. I don't know.. but that only leaves one thing.." he sighed, watching as she looked down at her hands, causing him to reach over and grab ahold of them. "We don't have to share it if you don't want to.."

"And I'm not try to talk you into it, it's your thing, it's your choice.. but I think us sharing that may help us feel, I don't know, a little more like free.. in a way and we can have this be the start of our happier chapter, without everyone online still constantly questioning why I left and hopefully stop all the hate I've been getting about leaving and 'ruining' the band.."

"okay.."

"Are you okay with us sharing it?" he slightly furrowed since she had agreed so quickly.

"yeah.. I actually am," she softly nodded. "I agree with you.. it might be good for our new start.."

"Okay," he smiled as he moved his hand up from her's to her cheek, placing a kiss on her lips. "We can work it out when we get home.."

"okay.."

The two fell back into silence as Jack kept looking in her eyes with a smile on his face, kissing her once more as his hand moved back down to her's before they both looked back out at the city, soaking it in. Adalyn glanced over at him again, then laying her head on his shoulder while she fiddled with his hand — which he had no reaction to.

"hey, I'm gonna go grab my hoodie," Jack received a small hum from her as she lifted her head up.

She sat there, crossing her legs and picking at her lips while she continued to look ahead as her mind circled. Jack soon came and sat back down beside her, more so facing her this time.

"Gorgeous," he grabbed her hand, pulling it away from her mouth as it caused her to turn towards him. "I know we've had our ups and downs.. and really haven't officially been together for that long but I really can't imagine a life without you.."

"I.. I know you said things with your ex ended because you were struggling to get pregnant and whatever else.. but I just want you to know that I'm never gonna be like him, I'm never going to treat you how he did no matter how life goes. I wanna be by your side. I wanna be with you through everything. Forever."

"I love you so fucking much," he continued with a small chuckle. "You're actually my favorite person. And I'm so proud of you. I think you're the strongest person. You've really come so far since you'll over me at that party and refused to give me your name. I knew very quickly that I didn't want to give up on you, and that may have hurt me a few times but it's turned out so well. I love loving you."

"And I know I probably haven't been the best boyfriend to others, not naming names.. but I've really been trying with you because I mean it every time I say that I love you. You've shown me so much in life. You make me so happy. I'd literally do anything for you, I will always drop everything for even if it means everyone's gonna hate me."

"You do so much for me, even if I don't ask you to, you'll still try to go above and beyond, and although sometimes I've overreacted I really do appreciate the effort you put in. You're wonderful to Lavender, and she adores you so much, like more than me most the time to be honest so I think she'll appreciate you being around forever."