CHAPTER 25: INTRODUCTIONS

Start from the beginning

"System... look at what you have done. Why did you have to give me a silly mission like that? I feel like crawling into a hole." Helena complained in her mind. The only reason she did such an embarrassing thing was to complete a special mission given by the system.

"(Sigh) ~ Hope I got a good reward for that."

*Ding*

SYSTEM NOTIFICATION

X

Mission completed!

Mission: - Make a shocking introduction.

Reward: 30Kg dumbbells +2 favourability with emperor Maximus Item: Cat ear prop.

*Ding*

LEVEL UP!

SYSTEM NOTIFICATION

X

LEVEL 2

Reward: All stats increased by 2 Invincibility card x1 time use 5 UNDISTRIBUTED ATTRIBUTE POINTS

*Ding*

SYSTEM NOTIFICATION

X

ARMOR OF Altaïr has been placed in your inventory

"Next."

"My name is Aeliana. Father," Aeliana said with a cute voice. She is a seven-year-old girl and the empress's third daughter.

"Next."

"I am Blache."

"And I'm Abigail."

"We're twins." They spoke simultaneously.

"Next."

"I am Canaria," Canaria said in an indifferent tone. She is a thirteen-year-old girl with a beautiful face, but she gives off a cold and distant vibe. She is the empress's second daughter. She keeps to herself and gets angry when someone talks to her without permission.

"Next."

"I am Raeliana, father," Raeliana said. She is the empress's first child and temporary heir to the throne. Though she knew that once a son was born, they would cast her aside like trash. But even though she is not the most beautiful or most worshipped, she had something the other girls didn't have... The desire to be the emperor. To rule over the empire.

*Creak*

The dining hall doors opened and a man wearing a chef's apron walked in with a dozen maids behind him, who pushed in food carts with covered trays on them. After the food was served, the maids walked out of the dining hall, leaving the chef behind.

The chef stood and watched as the princesses ate the food he had prepared. I hope they like it. He thought nervously in his mind.

—------------ — thirty minutes later —-------------

Emperor Maximus glanced around the table and noticed that the girls were mostly done with their meal. "Ahem... the reason I called you all here is to tell you that the empress has given birth to a boy. He would be named heir to the throne on his first name day... that is how it has been, but I have decided to change things." Emperor Maximus said and clapped his hands.

*Creak*

The dining hall doors opened, and four old men downed in gray robes with large books in their arms walked in. They were the maesters of the empire who recorded important historical events. They sat at a smaller round table on the far side of the hall. With their books opened and pens in hand.

"From today onwards, every child born with royal blood would be allowed to fight for the throne, regardless of gender. But only those of age ten and above are allowed to fight for the throne. The last man or woman standing would be named heir to the throne." The emperor said with a sickening smirk on his face.

Since the founding of the empire, a male child has always been the heir to the throne. So, for the emperor to change a long-time tradition, can be seen as a slap on the face of the empire's history. This event was going to cause an uproar in the empire.

The girls were shocked and speechless. Different thoughts ran through their minds, but they all shared one thought. "Everyone sitting at that table was a threat." They thought as they stared at each other suspiciously.

The emperor could see the tension in the room rise, and he smiled. "You can all return to what you were doing." He said as he stood up from his seat and walked out of the dining hall.

***************************Outside the dining hall************************

"Are you sure about this, your majesty?" The chamberlain asked. As soon as the dining hall doors closed behind the emperor. Even though he has been working under the emperor for more than a decade now, he still finds himself to be shocked by the emperor's actions.

"...No," Maximus replied.