𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE RELATED TO DENMARK TANNY

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE RELATED TO DENMARK TANNY. Are we in the presence of a royal?" John B questioned. They had just gotten back to Pope's house and were talking about the shocking information they had just gotten.

"A king?" JJ exclaimed, and Bree laughed as he started using an awful British accent and put a pretend crown on Pope. "We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill! We're not worthy!"

Pope swatted him away with a chuckle. "Everybody relax. Can we relax, please?"

"Relocate to Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah questioned with raised eyebrows, a soda can from the store in her hand.

The Callaway girl nodded in agreement and excitement. It had felt like forever since she had been able to relax. "We haven't visited her in a little bit. I bet she misses us."

"How soon can we move in?" Kiara asked with raised eyebrows, and that was when the brunette girl remembered that her parents had kicked her out.

JJ, who also had no home at the moment, added, "'Cause I don't have a place to stay."

"Me either," Bree informed them. Then, her eyes widened when she came up with an amazing idea. "Triple decker bunk beds?"

"Triple decker bunk beds! Cheers to that," the Maybank boy exclaimed, and the three reached in and did a triple high five.

"I just keep thinking about the letter, the one that Limbrey sent," Pope told them. He pointed out, "It had the wheat symbol on it. That must mean it has something to do with the Royal Merchant, but if we find that cross, we can split it like we were gonna split the gold."

JJ pointed at him in agreement. "Yeah. I'm with that."

"And live happily ever after?" came a smooth and coke voice from behind them. Bree whipped around and saw the blonde woman on the crutches that they saw in Charleston, the one that tried to kidnap Pope. She had the blonde man that had the gun with her, and the Callaway hopped off the railing that she had been sitting on and stood up straight.

Pope glanced between her, Limbrey, and her accomplice person that was standing behind her. "You assaulted my father."

"Oh, I didn't assault anybody," the woman denied as if she were the most innocent person in the world. "Why would my employee a...assault your father? That's absurd. Listen, we can keep on negotiating, but the fact is that I want the key." Pope was about to lunge toward her when her goon grabbed him and held him against a pillar. "And I won't stop until I have it. I don't have a choice, which means you don't either."