𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

	BREE AND JJ RODE THEIR MOTORCYCLES TO THE KILDARE COUNTY DETENTION CENTER

BREE AND JJ RODE THEIR MOTORCYCLES TO THE KILDARE COUNTY DETENTION CENTER. Once they parked the bikes and hopped off of them, JJ, who had his headphones blaring so loud that the Callaway girl swore she could hear his music while they were driving, stuck a toothpick in his mouth.

They pulled their sunglasses over their eyes and walked toward the entrance of the center. They passed a couple of guards, and JJ saluted them. However, as soon as they passed, he flipped them off to their backs, causing the brunette girl to roll her eyes at his antics.

"I'm here to see John B Routledge," the Maybank boy announced loudly to the man sitting at the front desk once they entered.

The man got up from his seat, glancing between the girl that seemed sane and the boy that seemed, and was, crazy. "No music, and get rid of the toothpick."

"I can't hear what you're saying, man, all right? These things are on full blast. That's what I said. I'm here to see John B Routledge," the blonde boy repeated, and then the man mimed taking headphones of his head and a toothpick out of his mouth. When JJ still did not do anything, Bree elbowed him in the ribs. He realized and followed the orders. "Wait. Music? Oh! I mean, I thought it was a free country and all, but, uh, I guess you don't like freedom very much, now do you, cupcake? "

The man then angrily pushed the boy up against the wall, but before he could do anything and before the Callaway girl could do anything to stop him from hurting her friend, a woman's voice came from the hallway. "Uh, not worth it."

"Good to see you, Plumb. Nice to have something in your mouth. You know?" JJ told her, talking about the toothpick that he just took out of his mouth.

Bree sighed, knowing that him talking was not going to get them anywhere, so she mustered up the best smile she could and told the woman next to her in the polistest voice possible, "We'd like to see John B."

"Yeah," she muttered in response before looking at both of them and ordering, "Take off your hats and empty your pockets."

"Yes, ma'am," he responded mockingly, and they did as they were told, placing their belongings on the counter of the front desk.