2: alberu's pov

A/N: okay. i didn't think this would go over so well with people, but omg. y'all actually like this lmao. so here y'all go- another chapter! hope y'all like this lolol

Alberu Crossman, Crown Prince and Sun of the Great and Glorious Roan Kingdom, was well versed in his friend and declared dongsaeng Cale Henituse's strange behaviors.

In the short time that he had known the red haired schemer, he had lost no less than ten golden plaques, a multitude of cookies, and a surprising amount of pens.

Though the missing-pen thing wasn't proven to be Cale, Alberu still had his suspicions.

But this? This? This was a new level of strange, even for Cale.

Sure, Cale seemed to be well liked by the gods- to an unhealthy amount, Alberu sometimes thought. Cale's relationship with the gods wasn't too concerning, considering everything else that had been filling Alberu's mind, so he tended not to worry too much over the gods' obsession with Roan's hero.

At least, until Cale started roaming around Henituse County next to a terrifyingly large green owl named Duo, the self-proclaimed "interdimensional language god."

Alberu didn't even know a language god existed!

Now, even with the giant green owl following Cale, Alberu wouldn't be too concerned. It wasn't like Cale didn't have a habit of picking up strange beings (cough cough Mary the necromancer, Raon and Eruhaben the dragons, not to mention the sheer amount of beast people).

However, it bothered Alberu more than he'd like to admit that Cale seemed to prefer hanging out with the god more than Alberu or even Choi Han.

"He's interesting," Cale drawled one night through the communication device. "It's been a while since I've been able to debate languages with someone, and Duo seems to know the most outlandish phrases."

Alberu had spent that night after the call staring at the wall, bemoaning his inadequate knowledge of foreign and interdimensional languages.

It wasn't his fault he didn't know languages from other dimensions, he had tried to reason with his reflection in the mirror the morning after.

Alberu had left the bathroom more defeated than he had been when he walked in, bruises under his eyes from a sleepless night.

The updates he was getting from Choi Han were progressively getting more and more anxiety inducing as well. Choi Han obviously wasn't fond of Cale's newest friend and spent more time ranting about what he disliked about the owl than about what the owl and Cale were doing. Though this could be because Cale had told Choi Han to "stop following him everywhere."

The only one not completely freaking out was Ron, Cale's butler and retired assassin.

"I quite like Master Lingo," Ron had informed him when Alberu finally had time to visit Cale in person. "The Young Master seems quite happy, and Master Lingo is quite interesting."

Ron taking an interest in the god did not soothe Alberu's nerves, and since Cale had disappeared somewhere with the green owl Alberu was forced to return to the capitol without even seeing his dongsaeng.

Alberu slammed his hand on the table, glaring at the small collection of people he had gathered in his office. "I need your help."

Eruhaben let out an exasperated sigh. "What now?"

Rosalyn nodded. "I was busy, you know."

"Cale has been compromised," Alberu pushed on, ignoring the group's complaints.

"Compromised?" Cage, the excommunicated priestess of the God of Death, exclaimed, looking nervous.

"Compromised," Choi Han answered, nodding.

Alberu turned to the wall behind his desk, where he had taped an overwhelming amount of scrawled notes and sketches of the owl onto what any sensible person would call a murder wall. "This man," Alberu said, pointing at the picture in the middle, "is taking Cale Henituse away from us. Our mission is to stop him."

"Alberu..." Rosalyn looked worried. "That's not a man. That's an owl."

"That is not an owl," Choi Han said grimly. "That is an interdimensional god that has set its disgusting eyes on our Cale-nim."

The others blinked.

"An interdimensional god," Taylor Stan clarified. "That owl. Is a god."

Choi Han nodded, his face darkening.

"So..." Cage scratched her head. "Cale, somehow, befriended this god-owl-thing and you two-" she pointed at Choi Han and Alberu, "-are freaking out over it."

Rosalyn snickered. "I know exactly what's happening here."

Eruhaben chuckled as well, looking amused. "Don't worry. Our unlucky bastard is not in any danger."

Alberu scowled. "What?"

Taylor Stan and Cage began to leave the office. "Tell me what happens with Operation Take Down The Green Owl!" Cage called out cheerfully.

Rosalyn looked at Choi Han and Alberu, her eyes twinkling. "I highly doubt the green owl will be any competition, you know."

Choi Han looked confused. "What?"

Alberu and Choi Han were left behind in Alberu's office, confused at their friends' nonchalance at Cale's new friendship.

They were alone in their operation.

A/N: i swear, it's only getting more and more unhinged the more i write.