~Holy shit! She is gorgeous!~

10 YEARS AGO...

"...I am really looking forward to working with you all and I hope we will get along well and succeed as a team. Thank you all!"

A young woman was speaking to the team, MY TEAM, but I wasn't really looking at her during her speech. Anyway why do I need a new teammate I thought the last one was just fine considering the fact that he barely knew how to drive. While he was with me I was the first driver and it was a well-known fact but I am not so sure it will stay the same this year. Everybody on the team really likes her even though they just met her and the news have been reporting that she is THE rising star of racing. Her! Not me! I-...

"Hi!" A soft voice stopped my thoughts.

I looked up and saw a beautiful girl with mesmerizing green eyes looking at me. She was wearing a pair of high-waisted jeans and a PREMA shirt.

Holy shit! She is gorgeous! Is she a fan and if so, how did she get in here?

"Hi! Have we met before?" I replied with a soft smile just so my dimples were showing.

"No." she chuckled. "I am Y/n, your new teammate."

What the fu-?

PRESENT TIME...

"Charles are you listening?" Fred asked me. We are in a team meeting and I am thinking about how Y/n and I met instead of paying attention to the team.

"Sorry Fred, it won't happen again." I replied with a serious face.

"It better not. For your own good." Fred warned me to think about potential problems with the car if I am not listening to the plans and ways to maintain it.

I just nodded.

"So mate, what were you thinking about? Y/n?" Carlos whispered to me.

"I am not thinking about her. Her being back isn't a problem for me. I've beaten her before, I'll do it again."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Carlos poked back at me and it really stuck with me.

Nah, nah. I am stating the facts and I am definitely not trying to convince myself that. I already know that I am better.

"And that will be all. This meeting is over." Fred said and I never felt so relieved.

As we were exiting the room I turned to Carlos.

"Mate, do you know how Y/n got back? Who exactly offered her the seat and why?"

"I won't lie to you mate but I have no idea. I actually thought that you'd know that."

"Pierre also doesn't know and we both know that he knows everything when it comes to grid gossip."

"Yeah. Hey, doesn't Max still have Y/n's number considering they're both Dutch and were on good terms when she left?"

Carlos' words literally pierced my chest. He knows that I am probably not Max's favourite person right now because of the Championship and he still dared to remind me that Max is probably still in touch with MY girl.

"I don't think Max will be the most forthcoming with me." I replied trying to hide the fact that I just thought of Y/n as MY girl even though we broke up a long time ago.

"I mean, I could ask him but he might get suspicious of why I am asking and tell Y/n that we're snopping around."

"Yeah mate. It's not worth the risk. I'll see what I can do before trying to contact Max."

"Sure thing." Carlos agreed with my plan.

As we were about to part our ways he stopped me.

"Charles?"

"Yeah mate?"

"One more thing. Don't let Y/n mess with your head. I know how you can get and her being back has already shaken you up so try to stay calm. Okay mate?"

"Yeah, Carlos. Thanks!" I smiled at my good friend.

He is right. Y/n isn't going to mess with my head. I won't let her. I'll beat her and she'll retire again. Simple as that.

---------------------------------------------

Will Y/n find out that Charles is asking a lot of questions and that he might be on the right trail as to why she is back? Will Charles find out how Y/n came back and who helped her? On whose side will Max be?

I hope you guys like this story so far. I'll try to post a part every 2-3 days but I don't know how consistent I'll be considering that I am in high school. I have a month before this school year ends which means that I have a bunch of tests each week and probably won't be able to post on here and on TikTok as much as I want but I'll try to provide you with as much content as possible.
~S