Another pair of silver eyes glared at him coldly.

"Morning to you too, sonny."

"Stop calling me that!"

"Wilson." The woman with green eyes said as she elegantly sliced her steak.

Ver took a glance at his brother before casually making his way towards the empty seat beside his sister.

As he sat, a cup of orange juice was gently pushed next to his plate. He looked up to see his sister, smiling sweetly.

The corners of his mouth couldn't help but curve upward. A flash of tender light could be seen from his unreadable eyes.

"Why thank you, Lia." His tone held no sinister intent, however, it was still as playful as the tone he commonly uses.

After breakfast, Ver escorted Amelia to her carriage.

Amelia tightly held her brother's arm as they neared.  blue eyes stared at him pleadingly, "Aren't you coming?"

"Your 15 now, learn to ride a carriage on your own." Ver said as he ruffled his sister's hair.

The sound of rolling carriage wheels and clacking horseshoes slowly decreased as the carriage move forward.

A new sound could be heard from behind Ver soon after the carriage was out of his sight.

Two pairs of footsteps, one was light on his feet and the other, not so much.

Ver looked behind and saw Wilson approaching him with a nasty scowl on his face. Behind the boy was a petite boy with no snow-like skin.

It didn't sit right with Ver that these two, one is an overcharged mana core about to explode and the other is a crystalized sugar that's extremely fragile and sweet, came out from the same womb minutes apart, and the latter being the oldest.

Ver smiled politely at the two and turned his attention towards the nearing carriage.

Since he's in a good mood, he won't tease these two today...well, minus the time at breakfast.

Wilson stood slightly confused as he caught a glimpse of the luggage inside his half-brother's carriage.

"It seems father finally agreed to brother's request."

Wilson turned to Wilbert in shock.

"Request? What request? And father approved of it?!"

"I...I accidentally overheard their conversation last night in the library. Brother requested to live in the dorms.".... in exchange, Brother would try and make connections with the other high-ranking nobles.

Wilbert didn't dare to tell the last part to his brother, fearing that another argument would ensue between the two.

Wilson's frown deepened as he tried to think of an answer as to why, someone as lavish as that crow bastard would want to live in those commoner-filled rooms.

"Greetings, Master Ver." The middle age coachman greeted.

Ver frowned as he felt disappointed with Uncle John's lack of energy today.

"In a bad mood, uncle? Is it because you won't often be seeing—"

He propped his hand below his chin before continuing, "—this devastatingly handsome face?"

Uncle John immediately let out a hearty laugh as he opened the carriage door.

"I surely will miss your eccentric charms and your knowledge of those magic techs, Young master."

Ver chuckled at the older man's words.

"If my schedule's empty, I can come and visit as well as help fix the malfunctioning magic techs in the south wing."

"!!!–...then I can only thank young master in advance."

After their short exchange, they finally set off to the capital, where the prestigious Academy of Illenor resides.

                              ~·+•+·~

"I heard a new scholar from the slums joined the medicine department." A girl wearing a blue uniform mumbled to her friend as both walked towards the large arched entrance of the academy.

"Really?"

"Hehehe, I also heard he's quite good-looking."

"Sigh, are looks all that matter to you?–" The other girl shifted his line of sight towards the approaching carriage.

The other also looked towards the carriage. As soon as she saw the three-headed serpent on its flag, she immediately exclaimed, "A Sinclair!"

Students quickly got out of the way as knights surrounded the pathway.

As the carriage door opened, a young man with hair-like ink and eyes as reflective as a polished sword. The corners of his eyes creased slightly as he smiled, revealing a dimple on his right cheek.

Those who recognized the young Sinclair didn't dare to look directly at him, some even ran away, however, the freshmen, who didn't know the young man's identity, aside from being a Sinclair, openly stared at his dashing looks, but a few freshmen, mostly nobles, directed their gaze towards his uniform that had purple accents.

A Sinclair attending a special magic class?

A young man with fiery red hair glared at the familiar boy.

"Tsk, what a great way to ruin my day." He uttered before leaving the scene.

Ver ignored the numerous stares directed at him. He placed his hands inside his pocket as he walked leisurely, along with Uncle John carrying his luggage, to his assigned dorm room.

As they made their way to the dorms, Ver made eye contact with a small boy that had a visible purplish bruise around his left eye, which he desperately tried to cover up using his long silver bangs.

The boy's eyes widened before quickly running to his dorm room, which had the number 96 engraved on its door.

Ver's interest faded as soon as the boy was out of his sight. He resumed his search for the door that had the number 103 engraved on it.

96...99...103

Ver took out his dorm key but just as he was about to insert it on the keyhole, the door opened.

"You! What are you doing here?!" The young man asked.

Looks like his red hair matched his personality. Ver thought as he watched the boy draw his sword.

"Good morning too, roommate." Ver greeted, his tone was polite but his eyes held a dangerous glint.

The redhead frowned deeply at the other's obviously fake attitude and irritatingly fake smile. He tightened his grip on his scabbard.

If he kills him now then all the unwanted bloodshed wouldn't occur–