𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬

"To prepare for Anne and [Y/n's] quest, the Plantars visit the town archives and accidentally get trapped."

Tw: swearing

--------------------------------------

On this day, you with Anne and the Plantars decided to go... somewhere. Hop Pop didn't say where, but said it had to do with getting ready for the getting back home quest.

— Now, remember, gang. The mountain pass will clear up in one week. Meaning, it's almost time to leave this valley and find Anne and [Y/n] a way home.

— Whoo! Love that!

— Finally.

— Excitement!

— Sights.

— And you know the best way to start a quest?

— Danger?

— Weapons?

— Research! — all the children groaned, and you rolled your eyes in displeasure, — Oh, come on, gang. We'll never get [Y/n] and Anne home if we get bitten to death by a venomous snake fly, or eaten to death by a camouflaged sod skink, or crushed to death by a sand liger.

— Okay, okay, okay. Enough death already. Sheesh. I'm begging to think you guys are obsessed. Just like [Y/n] who keeps saying "Amphibia is a dangerous place, anything can happen here."

— Excuse me? And where am I wrong? In the months that you've been here, you should have realized that too.

— But I'm not that obsessed. You, for sure, the whole day, before going to bed and DURING sleep, repeat this phrase to yourself in your head.

— .....Maybe.

As a result, you arrived at a place called "The historic Wartwood town archives." There was a monument, and under it a passage to a cave.

— Ugh... the town archives? This place is dustier than Dusty's dustbin.

— Who?

— Come on. You know Dusty. Local dust merchant. Friendly, always smiling, sells dust.

— Oh, yeah, yeah. Right.

While these two were talking about their own, you and Anne struck up another conversation.

— I get this place. It's like a library from my world. Zoo books and manga, here I come!

— What's your favorite manga? — you asked out of curiosity.

— My favorite is "Pages From Forgotten Dreams." Great detective story with interesting characters! What is your favorite manga?

— "Free Flow." This is drama. I like building the world there. Well, and the main character is hot--

— OH, "Free Flow"? I read it! Although this is not my favorite manga, but OH GOSH, I love Sano from there!

— I know, right? She's pretty much the best female character in the history of mang--

— Enough chatter, you four. Time to hit the books.

You began to descend from Bessie.

— Wait! Wouldn't we be better off preparing by diving headfirst into deadly situations?

— Huh. Yeah. Maybe Sprig's right, Hop Pop. Research is overrated.

— Overrated, eh? How's diving into adventure been working out so far?

— Hmm...

Obviously not very good. And you're lucky to miss most of those adventures.

— I can still smell that skunk juice...