Show's Over (R)

Ryley's pov

"Because, you're brothers are too young to see that movie, and you're not old enough to go alone. I'm not too comfortable with you watching it either." Dad sighs from the driver's seat.

He had decided to take us to the movies this weekend, and while I wanted to watch the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre, my brother's wanted to watch The Bad Guys.

And since the babies always get what they want, I'm being dragged along, too. I had asked Dad why I couldn't go alone, and he said that since I'm 15, I'm too young to get a ticket by myself. I asked why he couldn't just buy a ticket, then switch, and he said he didn't want me to watch something so violent.

"Stop pouting, Ry. We're still going to have a good time." He smiled. "I'm not pouting." I mumbled, even though I totally was.

•••

"Cebause-" Alex starts. "Because!" Oliver groans. He had been trying to get Alex to say the word right the whole car ride.

"What are you even talking about?" I asked. "Who's gonna sit next to you. I don't think it should be him if he can't even say 'because'." Oliver answers. "Mean!" Alex whined. "Stop picking at your brother. You'll get it, Alex." Dad smiles gently. Alex has been showing since of a speech impediment, and Ollie is relentless in his teasing.

Doesn't matter who is gonna sit next to me because I won't be in that movie.

"You just switched the letters around, buddy. The B is first." Dad smiles and ruffles Alex's hair. Dad helped Alex with his seat belt and then leaned over to whisper a warning in Oliver's ear.

"Daddy?" Alex asked while we were walking through the parking lot. "Hm?" Dad hummed. "Why is my name the same as yours?" He questioned. "Well, you came out lookin' just like your Mama, I had to make sure the world knew who your daddy was." Dad chuckled. "Oh." Alex nodded.

"I'm the only one who doesn't have your name." Ollie pointed out. "Yep. You have your grandpa's name on your mom's side." Dad nodded, lightly tugging his ear. "That's where the Scott came from. Where did you get Oliver?" I asked, actually interested in their conversation now. "Your mama picked it out." He shrugs.

"Do you like my name?" Ollie asked. "Of course I do. Because it's yours." Dad smiles, holding the door open for us to go inside.

I saw the poster for Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the wall and turned to beg my dad some more, but he must have caught on to what I saw. He held his hand up to stop the words fighting through my teeth. "No." He said simply.

I huffed and turned around to watch my little brothers begin bickering. "If you make him cry, I'm telling dad." I said, otherwise ignoring them. Oliver rolled his eyes and kept teasing the way Alex said "popcorn" as "poppedcorns."

Dad came back from buying tickets to hear their conversation and snatched Oliver up by the arm. "I told you to quit. Keep it up, and I'll take you to the bathroom and light your tail on fire." He grumbled lowly. "No!" Oliver whined and tried to pull his arm away. "Then knock it off." Dad warned and let him go.

"Let's go get your poppedcorns, Alex." I smiled. I thought the way he talked was cute, I'd be sad if he ever grew out of it. "Why can he say it, and I can't?" Ollie whined. "Because he's not doing it to be mean." Dad scolded.

"I'm not spending an arm and a leg on snacks, boys. You can have popcorn or candy, not both." Dad said when we all began grabbing snacks. "I wanted both." Ollie grumbled. I wanted to tell him to shut up myself. He's being a brat and is about to get himself in trouble. "No." Dad denied.

Oliver grabbed a box of M&Ms and me and Alex got popcorn. Dad also got himself popcorn and a soda, which Oliver and Alex will end up drinking more of it than he will.