The Neighbour

It had just been noon on his day off but Bible was already exhausted.

His brother was lying on the bed in front of him. Jo still lost consciousness and hadn't woken up from his coma yet. His face was as white as the bed sheet he was laying in, few scratches could be seen here and there. A bunch of tubes were connecting him to many machines.

Last night, as soon as they heard the news from Bubbles, they rushed to the hospital as fast as they could. In front of the ER, Bubbles was talking to a police officer while nurses and doctors were doing first aid on Jo in the room.

- Ah, they finally arrived - Bubbles recognised them immediately - Here is Khun Bible, Jo's younger brother and Khun Build, the car's owner.

- He is the car owner? - The police confirmed.

- Yes, but I haven't informed him about the car yet? I don't think he's aware of his car either - She defended him.

- I'm sorry but does this have anything to do with my car? - Build was confused.

- Yes! We believe your car was the cause in this case - The officer said sternly while both Bible and Build opened their eyes widely in surprise - Khun Bubbles, please go over your statement again. I need to confirm the details - Then he turned to Bible and Build - I'll catch up with you two after this.

- Sure - She took a deep breath then went on - We are all colleagues on a filming set and had just called in for the day. At first, Build insisted on looking for a car service to have his car inspected by himself but Bible wanted two of them to have a gathering alone so he asked Jo to do it instead. Then two of them left. Jo and I stayed behind for a bit longer, discussing work with our own managers. I asked Jo for a drive to the nearest station so when we finished, Jo came down to the basement first while I was waiting for him at the front gate. The next thing I knew, the car flew out of the ramp at full speed and crashed directly to the fence. Jo was in the driver's seat.

- So you came to check on him?

- The front gate's guard checked on him while I called an ambulance...

- Was there anything unusual around the building when you were waiting for him at the front gate?

- No! Not at all!

- I see, thank you for your information. You can go now.

- Thanks but I'd like to stay with them - She signalled to two of them - They are my friends too.

Bible definitely couldn't believe in his ears. When he handed Build's car key to his brother, he didn't expect this would happen and his brother ended up in hospital like this. Looking at Build, he could see that his face went pale and guilt was all over it.

- I should have had the car checked myself - Build murmured - Then this wouldn't happen. I'm so sorry, Ble!

- No! It's my fault! I shouldn't have asked him to check it instead. I should have suggested a call for service instead...

Both of them were feeling guilty over the accident when the officer cut in.

- I agree that you should have called for tow service instead of doing it by yourself. Otherwise, it would be you who were lying in there - He turned to Build and signalled to the room.

- What do you mean?

- Why do you plan to have your car checked, Khun Build? - The police completely ignored his question.

- When driving it to work this morning, it felt very strange - Build answered sincerely - At first, it worked normally. But then, after getting out of the traffic jam and near the set, something felt very off about it. I couldn't tell what the problem was but I was in a rush at that time so I decided to look for a 24/7 car service afterwork.