-1-

3rd pov:

3rd pov:

"I'm surprised you still have light in your eyes after all those deaths."

"Hm. I mean I tried convincing myself that don't worry Y/n. Just a few more deaths ahead and the punishment will be finished. I don't know why but the High Lords as a bunch of assholes. I didn't do anything wrong yet I got a punishment. Like hell I know I changed the future."
Y/n said with a glare.

"I'm sorry...but believe me if I wanted to stop this I would already have. But I'm not as powerful as the High Lords. I'm merely a Guard for these gates...and a messenger."
Isla said with a sigh, he knew she was not in control I'm so many of her lives that she went hay wire sometimes.
Y/n went on a murdering spree in one of her life's and got shot by a police :)

"After 290 deaths I thought she would have already given up...I guess that's why the High Lords took interest in her."
Isla thought.

"Y/n, if you had hope now, why didn't you have hope in your first life?"
Isla asked.

"I don't know. I guess things changed?"
"Ugh, forget that. Just tell me. Are my punishments finished? I mean this has been the first time you visited me in my dreams after 38+ years. So many deaths I can't even count."
Y/n said.

"Don't worry. You were supposed to have at least more than 1000 deaths, but the High Masters changed their minds. They said that they knew it was their fault and that they should have met you before your second life. They are too stubborn to get all the punishment and put some on you."
Isla said as he walked closer to Y/n who took a step back with a glare.

"I guess the death's has changed you too much."

"I'd be quite shocked if I see anyone cheerful after encountering more than 100 deaths. They might as well be my therapist."
Y/n said. Everything about her has changed. Her eyes had shown small glimmer of light that showed that there was still hope but looks like she was about to give up. Her eyes were fine but there were eye bags. it clearly shows that she hasn't gotten enough sleep. And her hair were cut short like a boys hair. She had experienced so many trauma. She didn't deserve it.

"The High Lords...they sent you a mission."

"What?! After all that, there was no thank you or 'wow y/n has taken some of our punishment maybe we should give her an infinite break and take of the death curse from her' but a mission?!"

"Hey, listen here, Mr. Isla. Tell the High Masters or whatever that I'll not accept the mission. Since when was I ever their slave?"
Y/n replied angrily.

"I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do this time. Plus this mission is only about protecting this young man."
Isla said as he handed a file to Y/n who harshly grabbed it.

The file showed a picture of two men. One names Gorou Amemiya and Aquamarine Hoshino. It's file said that they are both the same person. With Gorou getting reincarnated as Aqua.

"What's this bullsh*t? I'm supposed to protect him? He already died and is also reincarnated like me."
Y/n said as she scrunched her nose in disappointment.

"Just protect Aqua for as long as you can and we'll give you a life you have always wanted. A happy family, a good career, a loving relationship, and no deaths. You grow old with the love of your life,"
Isla muttered, squinting his eyes.

"Will she accept or not?"
Isla thought.

"I...let me think about it. Give me one week."
Y/n said as Isla dead panned.

"Y/n the mission starts in two days."
Isla said.

"Hah?! Does the High people really think I'd accept that easily and give me only 1 day to decided? How pathetic are they?"
Y/n exclaimed.

"We'll you have one day...and if you accept we have enough time to show you the files and date about the man you're gonna protect. I suggest you think fast."
"I'll be going now. You'll stay here in the void for a while until I come back."
Isla said as he snapped his fingers and this time, he was the one who disappeared.

"Protect this man? There's nothing that looks special about him. He only has looks and that's it."
Y/n muttered as she read more about his info. There were notes about suggestions if something happens and how to help him. Soon Y/n's eyes widen at one info about him.

'Dies by murder in first life. Must protect him in the second life in order for him to get revenge. Please know that once you complete this mission, no one will remember you and you'll get your reward. Let everything go will the flow and change only a bit, but please know you'll have interact with the main protagonists in the story."
"Reminder: Don't interfere with Ai's death"

—High Lords

"Now this is making me nervous. Don't interfere with Ai's death? Sounds like it will be hard. I will need more info about this. I guess I will accept this. For I'll need rest."
Y/n said as she snapped her fingers as a random comfy big bed appeared out of nowhere as she yawned and immediately fell asleep.

.