Chapter 21 - Point of no return

Start from the beginning

There is no way he could see the cedar-haired beauty again after what he did. Although the assassin is unable to understand complex human feelings, at least he knows that the golden-eyed man must hate him for what he did.

As Xiao Tian was distracted by his thoughts, the white bunny was biting on his mask and smacking it with its paws, showing its hostility towards the item for revenge.

"Even you hate this side of me huh.." the assassin took his mask away from the upset bunny and stared at the intricate design.

Sadly, being an assassin is everything Xiao Tian has known since he was a child. It gave him a sense of belonging, an identity, and a small reason to keep going.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Shi Xiong! Are you going to leave for a long time?" the dark-haired junior with a ponytail asked his senior.

"Worry not.. I shall be back before you know it." the gentle cedar-haired beauty smiled at the young man, bidding him goodbye.

In broad daylight, the jade-eyed junior was half transformed into a beast, covered in wounds as he growled viciously at the members of the sect. Dozens of students lay injured before the teachers could successfully stop the raging beast in its tracks.

"****!!" the golden-eyed senior called out as he slapped the half-beast across his face.

"You dare.. Harming your fellow disciples like this.." the cedar-haired man scolded.

The half-transformed junior was stunned but it effectively returned some senses to the young man.

"Shi Xiong..? It's not like that Shi Xiong! They—" the junior frantically tried to explain himself yet it was cut short by the cedar-haired beauty.

"Silence, I do not wish to hear your excuses. Quickly go to the highest peak, you will find an old shed there. Copy the sect rules a couple hundred times and dust every single inch of the house.  Stay there and be self-sufficient until you have finished your task. Do you hear me?" the senior didn't spare a glance as he was busy checking the injured pupils on the ground.

"Understood.. Shi Xiong.." the junior looked down as he walked away into the direction of the mountains.

The senior finally turned around, watching the onyx-haired young man limp away in pain, looking discouraged and disappointed. But there was nothing he could do, harming fellow disciples for any reason is not something that should be taken lightly.

"Do you think sending him into seclusion for a couple of weeks will be enough for—" one of the teachers started.

"It is my fault. I did not teach him enough.. If I had taught him well, this would not have happened. So I shall bear the consequences." the senior spoke up.

"****, it is not a matter of teaching. He is a demon and it is in his nature to—" one of his tutors spoke but was quickly cut by the cedar-haired beauty.

"This disciple is wrong for disrupting Shi Fu, but that child has a gentle heart. It is simply my guidance that is lacking. I will face the punishment." the golden-eyed senior stood his ground.

"****, why are you going this far.." a scarlet-eyed man grabbed his lover's arm.

"You should know better than anyone that Shidi would not have the heart to harm his friends if nothing happened. I will investigate but for now, I have more pressing matters to attend to." the cedar-haired beauty calmly spoke before following his teachers to receive his punishment.