𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

song of the chapter: the ghost who walks

"he muffled her desperate cries under the moonlight"

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

I sighed as I drove to path to Woodsboro, my van filled with seven sleeping children. I hadn't been back here since graduation, so I was pretty nervous.

Mark couldn't come, and I was almost relieved. This was something I had to face by myself. Sidney would be in town for a book signing, and the kids and I were staying with my father.

I had to admit, something I was most nervous for was being in that house again. When I left for college, I swore I'd never go back to that place. But here I was.

"Mom?" I heard my eldest pipe up. Piper. She was only nine, but she was smart for her age. A lot more mature than I was at nine.  

       During our trip around the world, I had discovered that I was pregnant with her. So Mark and I got married last minute in Greece right after receiving the news.

"Yeah, baby?" I asked, looking in my rear view mirror to see her.

"How much longer?" she wanted to know.

"Yeah, I'm tired," Vienna complained.

"Then sleep in the car, darling," I sighed, irritated by their complaining.

"But I can't," she retorted. I groaned, mentally telling myself not to snap at her. She was only seven years old.

"One more hour," I explained. The car erupted in protests and groans.

"She doesn't like it any better than we do," Piper defended me.

Little Piper was so smart, it amazed me. She read things I would never in a million years think a kid could even understand.

Blaine, my seven year old, was stuck between being a child like the rest of his siblings, and wise beyond his years like his older sister. He had lots of moments that could fall in both categories. He had his father's face and hair.

Sweet Vienna was the kindest little girl one could ever meet. She was Blaine's twin sister. I didn't know where she got her gentleness from. It wasn't from me or her father. Her blonde hair also confused me.

Harrison was only six. He looked almost exactly like my brother, which scared me for a long time. He was a little rebel, too, just like Billy. Well, hopefully not just like him.

My darling Aubrey was five years old. She was extremely clingy. She always stayed with me. She was the one who cried every day before school. She had dark hair, but my eyes.

Willow was only two. She looked up to her siblings in every way. Always following them around everywhere. She also happened to be blonde, like Vienna.

Finally, the newborn, Jade. She was only two months old, so she mostly slept and cried. She definitely resembled Mark, though.

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

We pulled up to my old home at noon that day. I bit my lip, looking up at the house nervously.

"You okay, Mom?" Piper asked me.

She was the only one of them that truly understood the story of everything that happened here. She had already read The Woodsboro Murders. Gale was her godmother, so she felt obligated to.